Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Can’t trust feelings or judgement

[Th...]

I cannot trust my mind or feelings. My emotions are all warped and tell me all sorts of lies about the world as does my mind. I will get a horrible feeling and my mind will flash up a memory of when I felt like that before and tell me I’ll feel like that forever once offf benzos. If I look closer at the memory I don’t think I actually did feel like that at all! It’s just my mind trying to trick me into staying on benzos. I catastrophise about the past and the future. My social anxiety is worse than it’s ever been and I become convinced I’ll never be comfortable with people ever again. Anyone else get this stuff?

[vo...]
4 minutes ago, [[T...] said:

I cannot trust my mind or feelings. My emotions are all warped and tell me all sorts of lies about the world as does my mind. I will get a horrible feeling and my mind will flash up a memory of when I felt like that before and tell me I’ll feel like that forever once offf benzos. If I look closer at the memory I don’t think I actually did feel like that at all! It’s just my mind trying to trick me into staying on benzos. I catastrophise about the past and the future. My social anxiety is worse than it’s ever been and I become convinced I’ll never be comfortable with people ever again. Anyone else get this stuff?

@[Th...]I completely understand what you're saying about catastrophizing and social anxiety. Sometimes, I don't even trust myself with the words I speak and find myself apologizing for things I didn’t really mean. It's not that they are hurtful, but my emotions sometimes take control, and I speak from a place of emotion rather than reality. I'm making a conscious effort, little by little, to stay present in my own life and tackle these issues because living this way isn’t sustainable, and we only have one chance at life. I acknowledge that this is something I’m dealing with, that it's temporary, and that I will eventually heal. It's a work in progress and I have to accept that because if I don't, I'm fighting it and that doesn't help get us to where we need to go with what we are dealing with.

• Like 1