Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Hope for someone who needs to hear it

[Re...]

I want to share a bit of hope with someone who needs to hear it. One of the challenges I faced in benzo wd was losing over 20 pounds rapidly, leaving me looking like a skeleton. I'm thrilled to share that at around 22 months off benzos, I've returned to my previous weight. I understand that for many this can be a long and tough journey. Some gain weight and have to lose it later, and some of us lose it and have to gain it back.

I am grateful to return to a healthy weight. I have an appetite again all of a sudden too.

• Like 4
  • Love 2

[Bo...]

Good stuff!! Glad the appetite is back and I bet the gains keep showing up for you!! Hang in there and know you’re on your way to getting you back. It’s happening and you’ve fought for so long so keep going! 22 mo is a huge deal 

I too have noticed weight gain but prob due to mirt. it’s good for us to get to a healthy weight again as I hit below 95lbs and was so stressed about it bc I am 5’6”. The dang aka just zaps us. Glad that’s better for you too!!

Sending so many hugs 

[Re...]

@[Bo...]Thanks. I hear people turn corners at 24 months off benzos. But I am only 13 months off Seroquel so it might take some more time for me to be 24 months off of everything. I hope and pray I am one of those people I read about that they wake up and it just goes away. How is your tapering going?

• Like 1