Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Please seek out medical help if you are having symptoms that could be a serious disease.

[Ma...]
2 minutes ago, [[L...] said:

I think we can all agree that you have a different perspective because you are part of the medical field. everything except the bleeding is common or constant for most here and its a waste of time. this mess is too confusing and almost always heading to a docs office will just cause more harm. 

I think we can all agree that your tone from the outset on this post has been dismissive, argumentative, and condescending.  You do you @[Le...].  

• Like 1

[Le...]
Just now, [[M...] said:

I think we can all agree that your tone from the outset on this post has been dismissive, argumentative, and condescending.  You do you @[Le...].  

Disagreeing with you is none of those things. You find me rude but thats a you thing. I am not responsible for how you feel. 

• Haha 1

[vo...]

@ I have no association with the medical field whatsoever, and not only this thread but other threads today seem to be geared towards doctor bashing. It's not helping any of us.

• Like 2

[Ma...]

@[Le...] there are a ton of people in here dealing with chronic medical diseases: cancer, diabetes, heart disease, etc.  And guess what, most of them get excellent care!  You’re being dismissive and frankly doing a disservice to people when you just throw out blanket statements like “don’t go see your doctor, they’re just going to make everything worse!” Your logic makes no sense.  You get medical issues just like people who aren’t dealing with Benzo WD.  Use some common sense.  

• Like 1

[WU...]
11 minutes ago, [[M...] said:

your tone from the outset on this post has been dismissive, argumentative,

Sorry but this made me laugh as I was more or less told the same thing by a consultant as I questioned his diagnosis and treatment options ! Perhaps medical professionals don't like to be questioned, or maybe the one I saw was having a rough day. I don't know, but I do think patients need to be respected if they disagree and not to be told they are uncooperative, especially as it is our bodies being messed about with

[Le...]
2 minutes ago, [[M...] said:

@[Le...] there are a ton of people in here dealing with chronic medical diseases: cancer, diabetes, heart disease, etc.  And guess what, most of them get excellent care!  You’re being dismissive and frankly doing a disservice to people when you just throw out blanket statements like “don’t go see your doctor, they’re just going to make everything worse!” Your logic makes no sense.  You get medical issues just like people who aren’t dealing with Benzo WD.  Use some common sense.  

You are putting words in my mouth and using manipulative language again  

Good advice would be to educate yourself on the hundreds of unusual things you will experience as you go through this so you wont panic and run to the doctors office for everything. You will get treated as a hypochondriac ever after if you do. Realize that the healthcare workers are just people and this is a situation they cant really deal with. 

If you are a person with a chronic condition then sure deal with it.  That is a whole different discussion. 

[Le...]
8 minutes ago, [[W...] said:

Sorry but this made me laugh as I was more or less told the same thing by a consultant as I questioned his diagnosis and treatment options ! Perhaps medical professionals don't like to be questioned, or maybe the one I saw was having a rough day. I don't know, but I do think patients need to be respected if they disagree and not to be told they are uncooperative, especially as it is our bodies being messed about with

I would not say all of them but it is a trade that similar to politics attracts a lot of people seeking status. I am not suggesting being impolite but you will have to cope with a lot of fragile egos. I think of them more like my plumber. People willing to deal with the gross stuff I want nothing to do with.  

[Ma...]
12 minutes ago, [[L...] said:

If you are a person with a chronic condition then sure deal with it.  That is a whole different discussion.

The two are not mutually exclusive.  You can be going through symptoms of Benzo WD and develop a chronic medical condition.  That is the whole point. 

[Pa...]

The team understands the frustration our members feel when faced with the dismissive attitude of some of our medical professionals but I must remind those participating in this thread of our guidelines.

You are not permitted to use this community as a platform to spread general anti-doctor, anti-psychiatry and/or anti-health care professional propaganda. Nor should you name those involved in your healthcare. For more about this policy, please read our Anti-doctor, Anti-psychiatrist and Anti-medicine Comments notice.

Guidelines - Benzodiazepine Withdrawal Support (benzobuddies.org)

• Like 1
  • Love 2

[WU...]
19 minutes ago, [[v...] said:

but other threads today seem to be geared towards doctor bashing.

Yes but it is perfectly understandable why, because those doctors were the ones who prescribed these awful pills and we are now suffering horribly and it makes us moan about it. I try to be Zen, I really do but I keep coming back to the doctors who did all this prescribing and it makes my blood boil.   We're not blaming ALL doctors just the ones who put us on these pills! 

[Le...]
1 minute ago, [[P...] said:

The team understands the frustration our members feel when faced with the dismissive attitude of some of our medical professionals but I must remind those participating in this thread of our guidelines.

You are not permitted to use this community as a platform to spread general anti-doctor, anti-psychiatry and/or anti-health care professional propaganda. Nor should you name those involved in your healthcare. For more about this policy, please read our Anti-doctor, Anti-psychiatrist and Anti-medicine Comments notice.

Guidelines - Benzodiazepine Withdrawal Support (benzobuddies.org)

I was spreading no propaganda if this was directed at me. I am against unhelpful advice. I am not in anyway anti doctor. 

[Le...]
9 minutes ago, [[M...] said:

The two are not mutually exclusive.  You can be going through symptoms of Benzo WD and develop a chronic medical condition.  That is the whole point. 

Likely happens occasionally. Things are too complicated at these times though. We are dealing with a chronic health condition. A very confusing one. 

Edited by [Le...]

[e5...]

This is like JWD thread, if you don't say what we want you can't say it.

[vo...]
7 minutes ago, [[W...] said:

Yes but it is perfectly understandable why, because those doctors were the ones who prescribed these awful pills and we are now suffering horribly and it makes us moan about it. I try to be Zen, I really do but I keep coming back to the doctors who did all this prescribing and it makes my blood boil.   We're not blaming ALL doctors just the ones who put us on these pills! 

@[WU...] I absolutely understand your frustration and anger. However, as I previously commented, for many of us and for many years, doctors weren't educated on the harm that benzos could do to us. They all thought it was a safer alternative to barbituates. It's just in the last couple of years that this is becoming more widely understood. Doctors need to catch up and it almost seems like "we" the victims in all this, are the ones educating them, unfortunately. Hopefully what they teach in medical school now, is to not prescribe benzos for any longer than 2 -4 weeks. I don't know how long it will take for this to become widespread knowledge, but it's par for the course with anything that takes a long time to implement.

[Le...]
Just now, [[D...] said:

This is like JWD thread, if you don't say what we want you can't say it.

Lets not get too excited. Matty had an opinion that isnt totally wrong but the advice could cause a lot of grief. 

[e5...]
1 minute ago, [[L...] said:

Lets not get too excited. Matty had an opinion that isnt totally wrong but the advice could cause a lot of grief. 

Talking about this

13 minutes ago, [[P...] said:

You are not permitted to use this community as a platform to spread general anti-doctor, anti-psychiatry and/or anti-health care professional propaganda.

[Le...]
Just now, [[D...] said:

Talking about this

Yes. Likely cause of my comment about personality types attracted to the medical field. Something it is very useful to consider but some people may find rude. 

[e5...]
2 minutes ago, [[L...] said:

Yes. Likely cause of my comment about personality types attracted to the medical field. Something it is very useful to consider but some people may find rude. 

But you should be able to say it, even risking to offend someone, it's impossible to please everyone, if you try to please everyone, someone won't like it.

[vo...]
1 minute ago, [[D...] said:

But you should be able to say it, even risking to offend someone, it's impossible to please everyone, if you try to please everyone, someone won't like it.

@[Do...] Sorry, but "risking to offend someone" is completely different than "not trying to please everyone". Risking to offend more or less construes that you don't care how they feel about what you say to them.

It's all about the intent and how you present your words. The former can come across as indifferent or harsh, while the latter suggests a balanced approach where you're being true to yourself without the aim of offending.

[WU...]
5 minutes ago, [[v...] said:

I don't know how long it will take

When I suspected it was the benzos causing the problem with my health I found documentaries made by the BBC in the 1980's talking about this problem. So this has been mainstream for at least 40 years.  And yet not one doctor in 25 years has ever explained to me how these drugs work.  They said they were "out of the system" and would just give some relief by allowing the muscles to relax. How much longer to do these doctors need?? I naively trusted these numerous doctors over the years so yes I am angry....but still try to practise Zen!

• Like 4

[ma...]

@[Do...] Why relye on doctors and " health care" at all . Its nothing to complain about . You must treat yourself  with lifestyle changes unless its an emergency . They have nothing to offer anyway in my opinion. Only give us artificial medication with a load of side effects . To at best treat the symotoms not the root cause .

• Like 1

[e5...]
11 minutes ago, [[v...] said:

@[Do...] Sorry, but "risking to offend someone" is completely different than "not trying to please everyone". Risking to offend more or less construes that you don't care how they feel about what you say to them.

It's all about the intent and how you present your words. The former can come across as indifferent or harsh, while the latter suggests a balanced approach where you're being true to yourself without the aim of offending.

Risking to offend someone is less important than freedom opf speach. If you say you like something you will instantly have X people who agree you and Y people that will dissagree so "is impossible to please everyone" is accurate and absolutely related to the risk of offending someone.

You should be able to say anything you need to, regardless of the ones that are not gonna like it.

[ma...]

@[Ma...] we certainly are not agree with you . Lee said it correct . Pharma industri and most gp are a mafia . Best to keep away from it completely .

[Le...]
8 minutes ago, [[v...] said:

yea. A lot of people think you should never offend anyone or something but if disagreeing with them is offensive we really have a problem. I am unwilling to be dishonest and limited in my speech to appease. I personally dont find their being wrong rude. I am not so petty. I even enjoy being challenged to some degree. It is a common attitude. It is how the word ignorant is most often misused. People mean rude.

• Like 1

[Le...]
4 minutes ago, [[m...] said:

@[Ma...] we certainly are not agree with you . Lee said it correct . Pharma industri and most gp are a mafia . Best to keep away from it completely .

whoa dont put that on me. 

like every trade it has its issues and limitations. best to be aware of that so you can deal with it best. 

it would have been nice to not go through this to really learn that though. 

Edited by [Le...]

[e5...]