Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Worst night In 3 weeks

Last night I was awoken suddenly with what I could only describe as a stabbing pain in my left arm a serve head pressure and unreal level of ringing in my ear so much so I was moaning and rocking, I was delirious and half asleep I think it was due to the storm we had after the heatwave it's very muggy and humid my ears keep going high and and low today and I still have an headache it's still pretty humid just wondering if air effects effects symptoms? 

• Like 1

[vo...]

@[...] I posted a similar question a few days ago asking if anyone else noticed this, because I believe I’m noticing a correlation between the humidity and/or low atmospheric barometric pressure and these symptoms for myself as well. Not so much with some of the symptoms you mentioned but at least with regards to the head pressure. So I tend to agree with you on this!

Edited by [vo...]

@[vo...]rigtht , that's interesting I was wondering because I usually get bad with my epilepsy before a storm or really hot weather so having WD is twice as hard I don't know what is coming I am keeping the house as cool as possible but can't do much about the air pressure 

• Like 1

[vo...]

@[...] I don't see anything about humidity/low barometric pressure in the Ashton Manual, so hopefully someone will happen upon your post and weigh in. I do still feel better knowing you and I are thinking the same thing! :balloon:

• Like 1

[Ne...]

I am in SWFL where it is really hot and humid.  My neck, lower head and back pain has come back with a vengeance.  Never thought to correlate it with the weather.  Hmmmm

[vo...]

@[Ne...] I really hope more people weigh in on this....I'm planning on going to stay with a friend in New Port Richey later this year, hoping that part of Florida gets the ocean breezes to keep the humidity down. I'd like to stay down there through the winter months, so pleazzze tell me it isn't that hot and humid all the time!

[Js...]

Humidity certainly affects our sleep, but it really is the dew point. I work with hypoxemic patients (Oxygen concentrators) and during the summer Georgia, America; we get the most calls as both are extremely high when we sleep, 70%+ for both.

We can go out for a walk and our arms start to sweat, there's just nowhere for the sweat to evaporate due to a high dew point.

A dehumidifier machine can help, running air conditioning is important. 

Short answer yes, it affects our symptoms as there is a lot of water vapor in the air making it harder to breathe and our lungs have to work harder. This can lead to muscle pain and head pressure.

These symptoms should subside as the day goes on, but your body will need to stay hydrated and catch up on the sleep. 

Where I live we often say we have two seasons. Hot-humid summers, and hot bipolar springs.

• Like 1