Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

edited

[df...]

[df...]

Following the advice of @[Le...] and @[Co...] i removed this site link cause it is posibly be a fraud to gather data from people. I don't know but if there is a chance better not to risk.

Edited by Guest
Posible fraud site

[df...]
24 minutes ago, [[L...] said:

doesnt seem very legitimate. 

I have no idea, i just found it interesting and maybe usefull to some of the members here. It is clearly anti psychiatry so i expect it to be ban but as we antipsychiatrists are legion i thought many would like it.

[Le...]

there is a fair chance that there is something predatory behind that site though.  most likely just a shoddy site manufactured to collect the personal info of vulnerable people. 

[Co...]
41 minutes ago, [[L...] said:

there is a fair chance that there is something predatory behind that site though.  most likely just a shoddy site manufactured to collect the personal info of vulnerable people. 

Well, it is possible. But more likely, it is an agenda-driven antipsychitry hit site. There is nothing deeper to it. I note that it explains nothing about who is behind the site. There is no nuance or balance in any of its content.

But to your point, @[Le...], even if I agreed with their aims (I do not, of course), I would not trust them with my information.

[Co...]
2 hours ago, [[D...] said:

Following the advice of @[Le...] and @[Co...] i removed this site link cause it is posibly be a fraud to gather data from people. I don't know but if there is a chance better not to risk.

The thing is, a system to aid people who wish to lodge legitimate complaints, by automating finding the correct local authority for a complaint could be very helpful. But it is quite clear (to me, at least) that their true purpose is antipsychiatry. If they fail to be transparent about their mission, I will automatically discount them.

[df...]
24 minutes ago, [[C...] said:

The thing is, a system to aid people who wish to lodge legitimate complaints, by automating finding the correct local authority for a complaint could be very helpful. But it is quite clear (to me, at least) that their true purpose is antipsychiatry. If they fail to be transparent about their mission, I will automatically discount them.

I support antipsychiatry (current main stream psychiatry) but i think that if there is a chance of that site being a fraud, i don't wanna risk anyone's data. I agree something is not right in the way it is done.

Thanks for letting me know.

[Le...]

it maybe just someone who has experience with psychiatry trying to start something to counter it.   i would sympathize with that sentiment. 

it would be just about as hard to combat as any other faith though.