Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Freezing during heat wave

[id...]

We are in a heat wave and I'm sitting under 2 blankets with a heating pad, wearing 2 sweaters, warm pants, woolen hiking socks, woolen scarf, woolen hat and a winter coat and can't get warm. It's been going on all night. 

Anybody had this symptom? What is this? 

I used to be always too warm the last few years. Even during snowy winters I could just wear sneakers and a hoodie and be perfectly fine. This freezing thing started last night and it's summer.

[kn...]

I’ve been unable to control my body temperature since this whole thing started almost three years ago.  I ran around in crocs and a T shirt all last winter and usually cover myself with a blanket when I sit around now that it’s summer .  Go figure?? 

[Mu...]

My heart goes out to you and your country . Especially the children in Southport.

Music60 

• 2 weeks later...
On 31/07/2024 at 17:54, [[i...] said:

We are in a heat wave and I'm sitting under 2 blankets with a heating pad, wearing 2 sweaters, warm pants, woolen hiking socks, woolen scarf, woolen hat and a winter coat and can't get warm. It's been going on all night. 

Anybody had this symptom? What is this? 

I used to be always too warm the last few years. Even during snowy winters I could just wear sneakers and a hoodie and be perfectly fine. This freezing thing started last night and it's summer.

Are u better now?

I was so hot I had to turn on the air conditioning and the house was cold. Then I would get cold and have to put on more clothes. So uncomfortable when you cant control your body temperature. 

On 13/08/2024 at 12:17, [[E...] said:

I was so hot I had to turn on the air conditioning and the house was cold. Then I would get cold and have to put on more clothes. So uncomfortable when you cant control your body temperature. 

Have you tried  layers of thin blankets for the night?

9 minutes ago, [[B...] said:

Have you tried  layers of thin blankets for the night?

No I haven't. I usually feel cold in bed. I wake up in the morning and pull the covers up to my neck to warm up. If that happens I know I am going to have a tough day.

4 minutes ago, [[E...] said:

No I haven't. I usually feel cold in bed. I wake up in the morning and pull the covers up to my neck to warm up. If that happens I know I am going to have a tough day.

I’m the opposite. When I feel a heat in my body, I know a few hours of akathisia is coming.