Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

How's it feel at six months?

[Pi...]

Curious what other people's experience is. 

I did a very slow taper over 18 months with valium. Recap:  I was on 1.5 m ativan for maybe 3 months every other day. Then everyday as prescribed by my doc 🙄.  Then decided I didn't want it, cut out 0.5 mg no problem... and could not get below that without physical hell. So I switched to 8 mg of Valium and it took 18 months to get off.  I had maybe one day that was ok out of all that.  No other windows.

I'm almost six months out.  Muscle weakness has gotten MUCH worse, cognitive decline is pretty serious, body pains are very sharp now, tremors have gotten worse, and sleep has gotten insane.  I took everything I could, meditated, I've been avoiding sugar, exercising lightly, and I am not sleeping at night.  I went to bed at 11 pm last night and it's 5 am as I write this. I do not sleep.

I've been able to keep a tiny bit of hope and determination this entire struggle that I'd be ok.  But I've done everything I possibly can and I'm getting worse.  I read people's posts on other forums about how much better they are at six months.  But I'm steadily getting worse.

[PE...]

Hi! Im 9 months out and i think i been ok since 6 months besides insomnia. 

😊