Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Pain in plantar fascia (sole of foot)

[Al...]

Has anyone else experienced pain/discomfort in their plantar fascia (sole of foot) that makes it hard to walk? I never had it before benzos.

[Pi...]

Yeah I did.  There's physical therapy videos in YouTube that help 

• Like 1

[Al...]
17 hours ago, [[P...] said:

Yeah I did.  There's physical therapy videos in YouTube that help 

Thanks for the reply. This is where it hurts. I can hardly walk today.

1.png.7d2e3e4c1ce4dd83ca6e16fded26295b.png

[Pi...]

Yeah, very typical spot for it.  💟💟💟 I'm sorry you're dealing with that.  One thing that helps a lot of people is taking a small water bottle, cheap plastic one, filling it with water and putting it in the freezer and then when it's frozen later, rocking your foot back and forth on it. Stepping on it and kind of rocking back and forth. You can also buy something on Amazon especially for that.  There's probably a ton of videos on YouTube about that. It's a real typical thing people do. Stretching out your calf muscles is really helpful also.

• Like 1

[Gr...]

Yes, I went through horrible foot pain from my heel to the side of my foot. The bones they hurt I’m 23 months out now and I can walk through the house barefooted with no pain. I thought it was gonna have to go at one time to the podiatrist and foot surgery, but it all cleared up started clearing up around the 14th or 15th, month hope this helps you but at the beginning, I had to even take a shower while standing in flip-flops or crocs could not even think about walking without any protection on my feet, but all that is gone now hope this helps you

• Like 1

[Al...]
On 03/08/2024 at 06:49, [[G...] said:

Yes, I went through horrible foot pain from my heel to the side of my foot. The bones they hurt I’m 23 months out now and I can walk through the house barefooted with no pain. I thought it was gonna have to go at one time to the podiatrist and foot surgery, but it all cleared up started clearing up around the 14th or 15th, month hope this helps you but at the beginning, I had to even take a shower while standing in flip-flops or crocs could not even think about walking without any protection on my feet, but all that is gone now hope this helps you

Thanks for the response. Glad you are healed now. Did your feet swell up as well as the pain you experienced? I've been walking barefoot on hard floors throughout this. Maybe that is part of the problem but I never had any issue doing that before benzos.

[Gr...]
42 minutes ago, [[A...] said:

Thanks for the response. Glad you are healed now. Did your feet swell up as well as the pain you experienced? I've been walking barefoot on hard floors throughout this. Maybe that is part of the problem but I never had any issue doing that before benzos.

My feet didn’t swell, but it’s been my experience that benzos can just about mimic anything but if you do have planter fasciitis, you definitely need to walk with a thick rubber soul on your feet wherever you go. at the beginning, I wasn’t able to walk much at all because I was in such bad shape but wherever I went, I had either flip-flops on or crocs on my feet. Wishing you the best in recovery.

• Like 1

[Bu...]

Special gel pads to put in your shoes can help. Try to walk less. It will eventually heal

[Al...]
1 hour ago, [[B...] said:

Special gel pads to put in your shoes can help. Try to walk less. It will eventually heal

Thanks for the advice. The strange thing is I've hardly been walking at all. I used to run, stand up all day and never had a problem. Then I was prescribed benzos and my feet start hurting and swelling up.

[Bu...]
4 minutes ago, [[A...] said:

Thanks for the advice. The strange thing is I've hardly been walking at all. I used to run, stand up all day and never had a problem. Then I was prescribed benzos and my feet start hurting and swelling up.

The connective tissue in my feet and hands is painful since withdrawal

plantar fasciitis doesn’t normally cause swelling

im also getting pain in soles of feet though it is intermittent . This makes me more certain this is withdrawal related

i have no control over my withdrawal as I’m CTing

if you are tapering is there anything you can do to makes things easier on yourself if this symptom is a big problem for you? 

[Al...]
2 minutes ago, [[B...] said:

The connective tissue in my feet and hands is painful since withdrawal

plantar fasciitis doesn’t normally cause swelling

im also getting pain in soles of feet though it is intermittent . This makes me more certain this is withdrawal related

i have no control over my withdrawal as I’m CTing

if you are tapering is there anything you can do to makes things easier on yourself if this symptom is a big problem for you? 

I'm sorry you're suffering as well. I'm holding my taper at the moment, so I'm not sure if there is anything else I can do to make things easier. The last time this happened was on the other foot, and that was several months ago. Now it is happening on the foot that wasn't affected before. I've been walking barefoot in the house and the floors are hard wood so that is probably a factor. I just don't understand why the benzos would have this side effect. I know they can cause edema though, so maybe it is that, I don't know.

[Bu...]

I have some rubber sandals that I can wear inside when my foot pain is worse. 

may be worth moisturising your feet to help prevent skin breakdown 

is it just your feet that are swollen?

1 hour ago, [[A...] said:

I'm sorry you're suffering as well. I'm holding my taper at the moment, so I'm not sure if there is anything else I can do to make things easier. The last time this happened was on the other foot, and that was several months ago. Now it is happening on the foot that wasn't affected before. I've been walking barefoot in the house and the floors are hard wood so that is probably a factor. I just don't understand why the benzos would have this side effect. I know they can cause edema though, so maybe it is that, I don't know.

[Al...]
15 hours ago, [[B...] said:

I have some rubber sandals that I can wear inside when my foot pain is worse. 

may be worth moisturising your feet to help prevent skin breakdown 

is it just your feet that are swollen?

Thanks for the advice. Yes, it is just one foot that is swollen at the moment.

[Bu...]
5 hours ago, [[A...] said:

I

6 hours ago, [[A...] said:

Thanks for the advice. Yes, it is just one foot that is swollen at the moment.

Is the swelling on the soles of your feet where the pain is? If the swelling is elsewhere and skin is red it may be infected/ worth seeing your doctor about it

• Like 1