Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Does the benzo belly go away ?

1 hour ago, [[G...] said:

Hello pamster I don't like how I feel . It sucks . What this is. I'm very worried .  

Your symptoms are classic, what you may be experiencing is called BIND (Benzodiazepine-Induced Neurological Dysfunction, its what we call the aftermath of benzo withdrawal before recovery. 

It's all common in withdrawl. Try not to be scared of it. Trust me I know it's difficult when your in the thick of it, but it's nervouse system damage that heals itself in time.

What you are experiencing is nor unusual and you should remember that countless thousands of people have gon through these symptoms and got better and so will you.

Thats what I try to remember when I am in a state of Akathisia and it's impossible to find any comfort even with this knowledge. But eventually it does subside.

Do you currently get any relief from your symptoms? Maybe late at night?

Nothing jon yet my friend it's horrible . It's really not much . Nothing yet . I feels like I'm burning and tingling nd numb still daily . I'm so afraid of it cause it hurts . Hope this can go away . 

Just now, [[G...] said:

Nothing jon yet my friend it's horrible . It's really not much . Nothing yet . I feels like I'm burning and tingling nd numb still daily . I'm so afraid of it cause it hurts . Hope this can go away . 

It goes away trust me. I know it's painful but none of this can kill you. It's neurological and subsides in time.

It's shitty that you have to tolorate it in the meantime but thats just what we have to do. It will go away.

Sometimes people have severe symptoms that disappear overnight. This was the case with me and my chemical anxiety. It just went.

Just now, [[G...] said:

Yeah Jon I feel like my heart as well . It's hard to explain . What I'm feeling . 

heart symptoms are also common. They go away.

Jon can u eat ok. I don't like food even get . I use to enjoy fine food and water before really anything before meds . Even my sinus has issues and face . I'm scared daily wish was careful. My head even feels.  Hope we can be ok . I'm off 5 years I wonder what is happening .   I use to enjoy everything in life . Then I think I got neuropathy or something as my legs hurt . I will take natural stuff after this like I always did meds were not for us .  Jon I don't like this feeling in my head too . 

14 minutes ago, [[G...] said:

Jon can u eat ok. I don't like food even get . I use to enjoy fine food and water before really anything before meds . Even my sinus has issues and face . I'm scared daily wish was careful. My head even feels.  Hope we can be ok . I'm off 5 years I wonder what is happening .   I use to enjoy everything in life . Then I think I got neuropathy or something as my legs hurt . I will take natural stuff after this like I always did meds were not for us .  Jon I don't like this feeling in my head too . 

I can eat a lot but only because I'm on mirtazapine. I wish I wasn't on it as it is causing me a lot of problems.

The symptoms can be scary but we have to try and remember that they're just symptoms.

It's hard i know. I am getting weird head symptoms too that I can't even explain. But I know it's not going to kill me so I just put up with it until it goes away. Are you off all medication?

Yes Jon for almost 5 years .  The meds caused me so many issues it sucks .    Hope can get my life back . I was always senstive to drugs .   I learned . 

Just now, [[G...] said:

Yes Jon for almost 5 years .  The meds caused me so many issues it sucks .    Hope can get my life back . I was always senstive to drugs .   I learned . 

It's good that your off everything. Keep it that way and you can only get better.

3 minutes ago, [[G...] said:

Jon is tightness normal my back and neck and stuff feel tight . Hope this goes away . 

Yeah my whole body tightens and tenses up sometimes. If your worried go to the doctor and get it checked out. If they cant find anything then you know its a symptom.

Yeah I been to a chiropractor . I hate them lol.  I feel so tight and stiff it sucks hope this stuff can go away . I never was like this before meds .  Hope this can go away or I can't even go to the gym yet . 

I wish I was careful and taper slow . My sxs are tightness and burning and tingling and stuff . Or anything this is horrible Jon . I wish never took drugsb or careful this is terrible  . I'm worried .  I try massage and stuff but I hope this goes away jon .  

Jon i also have developed sinus issues and stuff like that . I read some people can have that too . It's like sinus mucus and stuff . Wow this is crazy . 

Jon I think I have bad od reactions as well . Hope this resolves bud . Sneezing too . I don't think I sneeze this much in my entire life .

@[Gr...], when was the last time you were checked out by your doctor? 

Your symptoms sound normal but I don't understand why you've seen no improvement for 5 years, are you keeping a journal?  Because our recovery isn't linear, its very important to keep track of our symptoms, its too difficult to gauge our recovery when it changes from day to day, sometimes minute by minute.  For example, I failed to keep a record so my poor sick brain kept telling me I wasn't getting better but I was, I was able to do more than I did after my cold turkey.  I so regret not keeping a good record, it would have helped my mental outlook to see I was actually improving.