Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Does the benzo belly go away ?

Pam u ever get rashes and stuff ? And muscles . I ate and feel unwell after and eat healthy . I wonder what is going on as im not thinking very well like this at all.  Wish I was careful and never took any drugs in life ever or taper also and steady . I'm very worried as I was a track star and fitness gym person wish I stayed doing that idk what I took meds and this happened . It like nauseous and burning heart burn and stuff . This is bad that any drugs do this .  Hope this goes away my family is concerned my drug history is in my signature wish I never took drugs I was always at the gym until drugs wish I was careful .  And worked . My friends all never took meds and my friends all got off meds fine even and are working . I don't think they took benzos .  I wish I was careful . It's like I have deep regret . My family said why did I ttake them and if I'm going to well better . I'm so scared and worried . Wish I was careful with my body.

Or stayed on my life goals .

Anyone burn and stuff I don't understand why . I eat healthy and then I heart pounds and burning starts in trying to figure out if this will go away . I'm very worried . I wish I taper slowly and carefully or stay drug free or was careful or stay on celexa I'm scared the burning stomach ..  I wish I stayed natural remedies or took celexa I never wanted to fool with meds in life this burning is atrocious .

This is a great forum .  This started from pysch meds . I'm very worried . 

If you use the search function, you can see others discuss burning, its a very common symptom.  Fear and regret are symptoms too, this process robs us of our positive emotions. 

You say you haven't taken any benzodiazepines for 4 years, and you've felt this way the entire time with no improvement?  It might be a good idea to make an appointment with a doctor for a check up, if you've had no improvement in four years. 

Yeah no psych drugs for 4 years last time I went to doctor was around a 1 year ago and tests were fine .

I took the meds short term too pamster .  I'm scared wish I taper slow and steady . The Klonopin 0.5 was a prn . I wish I never took any meds in life or stayed at my gym I was always scared of meds idk why I took them . I wish I stayed drug free or on celexa this is bad news . I haven't worked or anything I was working before and at the gym .  I use to do those fitness classes . 

My sxs are burning tingling nose sxs ear sxs feel stuff in stomach region and chest . Feels like nerves or muscles cracking too . 

I'm about 4 years 10 months out .    My family don't believe me or friends .  I'm very worried they never took these meds.  I have trouble to eat and sleep still from the sxs . 

You keep mentioning Celexa, have you discussed going back on it with your doctor?  Do you see a therapist or psychiatrist?

Hey pamster . I'm scared  i have severe burning . I am worried about my life .  Wish was careful I'm very concerned .   Wish I taper slow and steady or anything . I don't like how I feel daily. 

Or never took this stuff.  I'm so worried about my life . 

Pamster it's content burning I was never like this in life . I'm very worried . Wish I taper slowly or anything . I'm very concerned . None of friends and family understand and are not like this . 

1 hour ago, [[G...] said:

Pamster it's content burning I was never like this in life . I'm very worried . Wish I taper slowly or anything . I'm very concerned . None of friends and family understand and are not like this . 

Hey friend. Have you tried taking probiotics?? I have the worst benzo belly anyone could ever think of. I can’t even sleep from gut pain most days and when I do I wake up in severe gut discomfort. I recently started taking probiotics and it seems to be helping some. Maybe over time it will speed up the recover process. When I first took it, it did rave me up for the first few days and after that it started helping. Give it a try and see if it will help you. Inbox me if you need to talk. I know you have regrets about Ct the meds but it’s not your fault. We were never aware that this could happen to us. Even most doctors  are clueless and believe anything big pharma tells them. Please be gentle to yourself, I used to cry and blame myself for listening to my doctor but that didn’t help at all. Focus on recovering and loving yourself. Walk some if you can it does help. I know you want your old self back and so do I. One day we will look back and wonder how we ever survived this hell. Sending love and prayers to you ❤️🙏

I know it's the worst thing I ever felt in life . Burning skin bad nd feel unwell daily .  I know these drugs they should tell you about . Hope this can go away . I cry daily and I never cried . 

27 minutes ago, [[G...] said:

I know it's the worst thing I ever felt in life . Burning skin bad nd feel unwell daily .  I know these drugs they should tell you about . Hope this can go away . I cry daily and I never cried . 

I feel your pain. I’m hurting so bad right now. Please keep on holding on. This shall end. Even if it’s hard to see it right now, it will. I’ve lost everything to this poison, but we have to believe that we will heal and start a good life after this! 

Yeah I hear you . Same here . I wish the FDA regulated meds like they should do . All I hear on my TV is a bout medications ads talking about these types of meds pysch meds .  I think we just made a mistake is all we thought they were safe . I thought they were as they shouldn't be prescribed only for only minor use like procedures .  I don't think they were meant to be taken every day . 

One of my worst sxs is this burning . Even after I eat can feel it burning it's horrific and scary . Hope this ends.

I wish I was careful this is horrible . I wonder what is causing it .

30 minutes ago, [[G...] said:

One of my worst sxs is this burning . Even after I eat can feel it burning it's horrific and scary . Hope this ends.

I wish I was careful this is horrible . I wonder what is causing it .

Where is your burning located at??

The burning is located in the body  like skin or internal I'm not sure can happen anywhere really . It's really horrific . Knocks me down .

It makes me feel like I'm hot and getting sunburned . I use to go to the  beach and fitness classes .   Idk if it's inflammation or what .

Mho wash it's horrible beyond words .

I'm very worried about my life .

Idk wish I was careful or something idk what's going on or how it goes away .

58 minutes ago, [[G...] said:

Mho wash it's horrible beyond words .

I'm very worried about my life .

Idk wish I was careful or something idk what's going on or how it goes away .

I have the same problems, some things has helped me if you like to message me. I can give you all the details. 

Hey bud. I don't think my messages work . Also my heart thumps. Idk what is going this is scary .  The symptoms I mean . Even.my nose is runny .  How long you off what meds ?  My muscles seem to burn and whatnot . I feel severely foggy headed .  Hope this ends for us .  This is not cool at all . I lost weight too except for the stomach area .  I only eat light foods . I can't exercise yet it sucks due to muscles burning . I can't even laugh at anything.  I wish I taper slowly or something or anything . I don't think meds were for me ever .  I think was severely allergic . Natural stuff never did this to me . I hold my chest too this is not cool. I think was always allergic to meds . 

I'm very worried ☹️

Yeah I get all sorts strange tinglings and burning and needles and shocks and stuff like that .I'm very worried . I wish I was careful and taper or never took that stuff I'm very worried about my life everyone .  I'm very scared I'm gonna die or something . Wish I was careful I think I been always allergic to stuff in life . I use to be a fitness person I'm very worried .

Pamster I'm scared wish I was careful with my body I'm worried so bad . I use to be into body fitness . I wish I was careful with my body or anything or stay healthy and fit I'm very worried . Or anything .

Have you tried getting back into exercising, some members swear by it, others have to take it slow but with your history of working out, I would think it would be beneficial. 

Yeah I don't think I'm ready yet . Anyone get head pressure vice ? Feels like every part of my body hurts .  Hope this goes away in time. 

On 31/07/2024 at 12:35, [[R...] said:

Have you had a look at the Success Stories? We have many, many stories of people who have recovered and are just out there living life. Plenty of them experienced significant healing even later out, or came back to say they feel even better. Just imagine how many never write their success stories, or how many never even register at this site... I truly believe most people get over this, but it is a really time consuming journey.

I needed to read this tonight. Thank you