Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Does the benzo belly go away ?

Mine went away and came back also. It's exhausting. I really hope it goes away for good for all of us soon. 

I refuse to buy more clothes because nothing fits. I'm normally very thin, now nothing fits me except two pairs of sweatpants, and it's gonna stay that way till it goes away.

What's weird is I'm super thin, except my stomach. It's like a beach ball and very uncomfortable. Hate it ><

Edited by [Sc...]

Anyone have heart pounds after you eat even healthy foods .  

Will this go away ? Anyone idk why this stuff. 

Yeah that can easily happen as the stomach becomes full it pushes on your diaphragm which can shift the position of your heart ever so slightly which can give heart palpitatoins. Bothersome effect of benzobelly. As long as the stomach doesnt actually push through the diaphragm to irritate the heart and cause arrithmias it will only be palpitations. Hard to know though.

Ecg with ai can help you know amongst other things.

Ugh I spoke too soon, mine came back. I just gave up with it...I eat well, I try to work out, and it still returns. I cut out sugar, processed food, no junk what so ever. I drink kefir...ehh nothing helps. I guess just gotta wait it out. 

It DOES go away though. My very close friend was on benzos the same amount of time I was, he said his benzo belly just disappeared one day and he was back to himself. Just takes time I guess :(

Schala i feel very ill daily . I can't explain it really it's like pain and stuff too keeps me home bound . I'm very worried was great before any drugs entered me . Hope this stuff can go away . 

Anyone I feel numb and nervous daily and just not me . I feel burning and even in my body even in arms . I'm so scared. Ok don't know what is going on . 

Anyone I feel so anxious heart beat idk why . This is scared .  I wish I was ok . I'm so nervous . Anyone will this go away ? Imwas never like this before . I'm so scared . 

Wish I taper slowly and steady or stay on celexa I'm so nervous . Or stay drug free hope this goes away . 

I dealt with really bad benzo belly in my post withdrawal phase. It does subside or goes away, but we have to manage, be aware of everything, life style, eating, drinking habits, even thought habits, outside environments, all can put us back. 😕

Hi  @[Gr...], has anyone pointed you to the Ashton manual, I really appreciated chapter 3 because she listed our symptoms and possible causes for them, it made me feel better knowing what I was feeling was normal.  Here it is.  Chapter 3, Ashton manual

Hey Pam thanks . My heart pounds too and I have trouble eating . I force-feed today some yogurt and soup and water . Hope I will be ok . The beginning of my thread has the med history . I been off 4 and 10 months almost 5 years . 

Can you tell us if you've had periods where you felt better than you do now, have your symptoms changed through the years and if so, have you been able to pinpoint a cause? 

A lot of the same burning stuff even my eyes burn like now .idk . Stilll stomach too .  I don't notice a pattern. Feels the same . 

Pam my heart symptoms same too . Hope this can go away I wish . 

I wish I was careful this is not good . 

It would help if you started keeping a record of your symptoms and their severity, its too difficult to track things when we don't write them down.  The reason this is important is because its we need to see if there is a pattern for what you're experiencing, is there something external that's causing these symptoms and can you help yourself by making some simple changes to your lifestyle?  I don't have any answers but you're in distress so we need to try to help you help yourself.

I hope you'll start to journal every day about what you're feeling and what's going on in your life so we can try to find what is causing you to feel this bad, this far out. 

It would also be helpful if you went to your profile and selected edit, then fill in your history.  Please include what medications you've taken, and still take, a description of your use and taper and any other pertinent information that will help us help you.

Ok I put in  meds my profile history . I don't really have any external stresses right now . Outside of my family seeing me like this and worried about my life .  And not knowing what to do for me or what's wrong with me . 

I have the muscle pain issues pam too ? Anyone ? Abd burning inside joints it feels like ?  Did you have this anyone ? 

On 24/09/2024 at 14:25, [[G...] said:

Schala i feel very ill daily . I can't explain it really it's like pain and stuff too keeps me home bound . I'm very worried was great before any drugs entered me . Hope this stuff can go away . 

I'm so sorry this is happening to you, that's how I am as well for the most part too. I try to tell myself my body is healing, be kind to it and look for any distractions. 

So I did find something that seems to help the benzo belly. I started interrmenit fasting, so far I did 16:8 and 22:2. It helps a LOT. 

The 22:2 fast helped clear out my system and seemed to reset it so to speak, and by doing 16:8 daily I just feel better, lighter overall. I don't know if it's a coincidence or what but it's working thus far

Yeah I feel.my heart beat and feel burning and stuff . I'm worried daily and scared .  I don't know why . 

Schala I don't understand this stuff . Infeel burning daily i don't understand what happened to me still .  All i know is i.feel.pain and burning daily and scared of how I'm feeling .  I use to be a track and gym person before I took drugs .  I'm concerned . 

3 hours ago, [[G...] said:

Yeah I feel.my heart beat and feel burning and stuff . I'm worried daily and scared .  I don't know why . 

Fear is a bi-product of this process, what you're feeling is normal.

Are you taking any supplements?  Have you had any illnesses lately, any medical issues?  Are you working, do you have stress at home?