Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Does the benzo belly go away ?

[Gr...]

Still have this at 4 and half years ! From short term use of Klonopin 0.5 as a prn ! I only took this for two months and was ct ! 

I went to the hospital several times and even once in a ambulance and they thought I was crazy! I was truly frightened ! 

It's very bad daily!  What is happening ? I took Lexapro and celexa and Zoloft too but got off those right away as they made me have severe side effects ! I think this is why I took benzos ! Everything I took was very short term ! I didn't take anything for years I'm protracted I realize and scared!  Man those meds are so strong! 

I guess I was very sensitive to medication ! Hope this stuff resolves i was a great gym fit person before this happened! I feel damaged ! 

[Re...]

Hello @[Gr...], Welcome to benzoBuddies,

I am glad you joined the Forum! I am really sorry to hear you are experiencing symptoms of benzo belly this far out. I now from my experience - my symptoms are nausea, bloating and other digestive issues -  how difficult these are to cope with, specially after suffering daily long term.

I truly believe there is a lot to be hopeful about as healing is definitely happening even after years off the medication, please do not feel discouraged. As the Ashton manual states:

“All the evidence shows that a steady decline in symptoms almost invariably continues after withdrawal, though it can take a long time – even several years in some cases. Most people experience a definite improvement over time so that symptoms gradually decrease to levels nowhere near as intense as in the early days of withdrawal, and eventually almost entirely disappear. All the studies show steady, if slow, improvement in cognitive ability and physical symptoms."

This is a very knowledgeable group and I am sure our members will soon share their thoughts or might offer you practical ideas as well. It is worth mentioning, rarely benzo belly symptoms did indeed turn out to be new food sensitivities.

We have also have a group of our members who still experience symptoms a bit further out. If you think this might be helpful to you, do not hesitate to join them (link) .

I am certain our members will comment on your post very soon.

I wish you well! :)

RR

• Like 2

[Gr...]

Thanks Ralph !  I have a lot of symptoms left! Do you all think this will subside I am worried daily and my family is too ! 

[Re...]

Have you had a look at the Success Stories? We have many, many stories of people who have recovered and are just out there living life. Plenty of them experienced significant healing even later out, or came back to say they feel even better. Just imagine how many never write their success stories, or how many never even register at this site... I truly believe most people get over this, but it is a really time consuming journey.

• Like 2

[jo...]
13 hours ago, [[G...] said:

Still have this at 4 and half years ! From short term use of Klonopin 0.5 as a prn ! I only took this for two months and was ct ! 

I went to the hospital several times and even once in a ambulance and they thought I was crazy! I was truly frightened ! 

It's very bad daily!  What is happening ? I took Lexapro and celexa and Zoloft too but got off those right away as they made me have severe side effects ! I think this is why I took benzos ! Everything I took was very short term ! I didn't take anything for years I'm protracted I realize and scared!  Man those meds are so strong! 

I guess I was very sensitive to medication ! Hope this stuff resolves i was a great gym fit person before this happened! I feel damaged ! 

Hi and welcome. What other symptoms do you have left?

[Gr...]

Jon alot of stuff like burning and stuff and heart palps and just foggy and stuff like that ! Muscles are atrophy ! I hope this resides and gets better ! How's bout you ?  I hate the way I feel daily ! 

Hi, @[Gr...], i have also had some nasty symptoms concerning digestive system. Still have, although never mentioned them and am waiting for them to subside, the same as for the rest of  what i still have. I absolutely agree with @[Re...], it must happen just takes time, different for everyone. Good luck and healing to you!)

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks. I still have a burning body and stuff I call muscles stuff . Just wondering if this stuff goes away . It's seems the same I'm off meds for almost 5 years short term use . I'm worried am stuck like this. I have trouble sleeping and everything still..   I try to eat healthy I live with my sister now can't work .  This is so scary beyond words. Thanks for helping me. It's like I need constant reassurance . My family doesn't understand this and thinks I'm fooling around or something .   

Anyone have sinus issues in protracted WD post WD . I get like runny nose and sneezing fits randomly it's horrific . Does this go away . 

• 2 weeks later...
5 hours ago, [[G...] said:

Anyone feel itchy skin  will this stuff subside or go away ?

Hi! I had ichy Skin for some time. It was strange ichy like from inside ichy. I think it lasted 2or 3 months. And it passed! 
its one of the simptoms! 

I had the itchy skin, burning and cold spots. They mostly went away about my 5th month. I have the sinus issues now -  they started about my 13th month and I still have them. My nasal passages sometimes feel hollow. and other times blocked up. My nose feels like it's dripping on the inside. It doesn't seem to really produce any drainage. The nasal issues are really bothersome. Ugh.

I still have this stuff voluntas and other stuff ugh these drugs suck . Benzo belly too.   Hope this goes away for us all . 

Anyone feel the heart beat . Ralph hope this stuff goes away . It's relentless . 

Might try low histamine foods as people with similar symptoms have gotten relief from eating lower histamine, Whole Foods not processed, fruits veggies, no or minimal sugar, low dairy sometimes helps some symptoms

main deal is healthy foods that can help our guts feed the good bacteria as our microbiome rebuilds after these meds take a toll on it. 

Edited by [Bo...]
  • Like 2

Anyone have like pain in this WD . Like bone stuff joints  or muscles stuff does they go away .  I can't explain it feels like that all over . Anyone will that subside .  

On 04/09/2024 at 23:46, [[G...] said:

Anyone have like pain in this WD . Like bone stuff joints  or muscles stuff does they go away .  I can't explain it feels like that all over . Anyone will that subside .  

On 31/08/2024 at 00:45, [[J...] said:

Hi seen your post, do you have any ear pain or ear symptoms?

• Like 1

Grega John,

I just read your post about muscle pain/burning and sneezing fits.

You are the first that I have read on BenzoBuddies to mention the sneezing attacks.  I also have sneezing attacks. They are awful and they really do cause my abdominal muscle pain to ramp up significantly.

I am just about 4 years off and am now having a brutal wave which has lasted about 2.5 months.  Muscle pain and burning along my right hand side of my abdomen, torso and my right shoulder is off the charts. 

Hoping that this all ends soon for everyone.

Thanks

Edited by [fl...]

Yes same thing fly here is it histsmine related or something inflamed in the system . Along with my muscles are messed up too  and joints and skin even burns . Muscles hurt too.  I rather have worked out for 24 hours straight .  I also feel my heart and my body feels like it's unwell and I feel foggy and like weird . 

This is really messed up fly . This shouldn't be happening for anyone .  Hope this ends soon . 

He Jonh , 

Yes muscle pain, weakness. Hard to walk at times. When i sit for a long time or drive for a long time it is hard to walk at first. But I try to push through swim daily , go for walks and the rower about 15-30 min daily. Focus on what u can do and all the positive changes.