Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Feeling Thankful

[Go...]

Hey Everyone,

I had my first appointment with my doctor today since I found benzobuddies. I was able to finally, really advocate for myself. Thanks to everyone here I was able to provide him with the actual facts about benzo withdrawal and I asked him if he would be willing to read some literature and he said he would! I sent him the Ashton manual and some other supporting resources. I told him I would like him to take the time to get up to date on the proper withdrawal methods and that we can meet again in a month to discuss the right way forward. After the appointment I cried because I felt so proud that I was able to stand up for myself and my health and also because I felt some grief over all of the years that I wasn’t able to do that. 

Thank you to everyone who has helped me understand the truth about benzos and given me the resources to fight. And thank God that I will NOT be on them for the rest of my life as I was once told would be the case for me. 

Keep fighting, buddies!

Edited by [Go...]
  • Like 4
  • Love 3

[Le...]

feeling some empathetic pride from this. glad things will go better for you. 

• Like 1
  • Love 1

[Go...]

Hi @[Pa...], I did not! I have not seen that one until now. I will have to check it out. I did send him a link to the free download of the Ashton manual. I also sent these:

https://www.oregon.gov/oha/HPA/DSI-Pharmacy/MHCAGDocs/Tapering-Benzodiazepines.pdf

https://corxconsortium.org/wp-content/uploads/Benzo-Deperscribing.pdf

https://www.benzoinfo.com/benzodiazepines/

I figure starting with some free resources is probably a good starting point. Not sure he would be willing to actually purchase the book (although you would hope they would be willing to invest in continued education). 

[Pa...]

Excellent resources all @[Go...] and yes, one would hope a medical professional would be interested in keeping up on the latest medical news to help patients. ::)

• Like 1

[Js...]

You have moved mountains, perhaps heaven and earth.

Well done! 

mind-blown.jpg

• Like 1
  • Love 1