Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Paracetamol

[Bo...]

Does anyone know if its ok to take paracetamol after stopping ativan? I wonder what is causing the recurring waves. I only stopped 12 days ago. I mostly have extreme nausea and numb hands. And heart palpitations. It always wakes me up in the middle of the night. But I do have days with no symptoms. The paracetamol is for inflammation of the rib cage. 

[PE...]

I never heard anyone getting in trouble because if paracetamol..me included. 

😊

It depends on how sensitive your nervous system is. I cant take any med 

[Pa...]
On 30/07/2024 at 02:16, [[B...] said:

Does anyone know if its ok to take paracetamol after stopping ativan? I wonder what is causing the recurring waves. I only stopped 12 days ago. I mostly have extreme nausea and numb hands. And heart palpitations. It always wakes me up in the middle of the night. But I do have days with no symptoms. The paracetamol is for inflammation of the rib cage. 

Hi @[Bo...], how was your taper, did you have a lot of symptoms, were they severe?  

Is the paracetamol for inflammation or are you considering it as an adjunct medication to ease symptoms?  

I highlighted a question you asked about recurring waves, are you experiencing typical benzodiazepine related waves, or are you asking about something else?

[Bo...]

Hi pamster,

I was referring to the withdrawal symptoms. They come in waves. My taper was ok. Had symptoms at every steps for about 3 or 4 days. Everytime I stabilized I took the next step. Last step was 0.05 mg then I stopped. Withdrawal is quite bad. Extremely nauseous all day long, weird feelings in my arms and legs, palpitations, hyperventilation insomnia and so forth. But somedays I feel great and think that was it. But no. 

[Bo...]
16 hours ago, [[P...] said:

Hi @[Bo...], how was your taper, did you have a lot of symptoms, were they severe?  

Is the paracetamol for inflammation or are you considering it as an adjunct medication to ease symptoms?  

I highlighted a question you asked about recurring waves, are you experiencing they typical benzodiazepine related waves, or are you asking about something else?

The paracetamol is to ease the pain. I cannot take other pain medication as I take blood thinners. 

[Pa...]

Thanks for explaining @[Bo...], it sounds like your post taper is progressing normally, most members are pretty miserable during what we call the acute stage after first jumping off the drug.  I'm glad to know you have days with wonderful wide open windows but it sounds like you're dealing with waves too, since our recovery isn't linear, this is pretty much to be expected.

I'm not familiar with paracetamol, but if you've used the search function to see what others have found, then you've done your due diligence.