Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Still Don't like being alone

For some reason I don't like being left on my own, I have to have someone with me even if they are asleep I know I will conquer this fear but at the moment I can't get my head around it while going through this I go to bed knowing my partner is with me and get up knowing my son or Grandaughter is are going to be there to keep me company I get anxious if left long periods of time like something terrible is going to happen to me it's a awful feeling I am trying hard to work on it as I don't want to bring on any seizures 

[On...]

Hi, do you struggle with epilepsy?

Try having relaxing podcasts/music on then don't feel alone. They been a godsend.  

@[On...]yes I do its hard because I am sound sensitive and my hearing is very sensitive at the moment as it is hypersensitive which doesn't help but I will try when I am feeling better that is why I have someone with me most the time till the worst passes and it settles a bit more 

@[On...]yes the neurologist upped my medication already because my seizures started getting bad at the beginning of WD

[Js...]

Hi hel, I found myself clawing for help when I was in withdrawal, even afraid to sleep with the door closed. Heart palps and hallucinations were fears that I could not subdue, I needed support. Oddly enough, the support I truly had was not in the form of in person, but rather the strength through memories and emotions people in my life instilled in me.  

The journey ahead is challenging, it's okay to have and want loved ones.

A simple "how are you feeling?" can bring pause to our vulnerable state and allow ourselves to collect our thoughts. 

If it's okay I have followed you on BB, because I want to know how you are feeling on this journey. Even if I do not comment, I read every word.

I know its 6 weeks out for you, I am proud to be here as your buddy. 

• Like 1

[id...]

I am the same way. I was that way during my acute and I'm like that now, in a 6.5 year wave. I play audiobooks or meditation videos at night to sleep. 

Hope you get better soon!

@[Js...]thank you for asking some days are better than others depending on the symptoms and if I get small windows inbetween I do feel tired but I try not to nap because I won't sleep at night I'm getting about 4 to 6 hours hrs sleep always waking about 4 in the morning with palpitations then trying to go back to sleep for at least 1 hour but wake up with anxiety that brings on a start of a seizure I do breathing exercises to help and have to get up cant just lay there have to have air makes me feel a bit better it's not as bad as I was 3 weeks ago but they are every minute to 2 minutes apart sometimes as you know can be very tiring 

• Like 1

@[id...]thank you I'm just taking one day at a time and as soon as I have longer windows I hope to go out but it's early days at the moment there is no rush it's a healing process and I have to be patient with myself self care is my main concern at the moment