Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Dosage mix up and timing

[Th...]

I started the Ashton method with the Klonipin (1 mg daily) tapering with Vallium.  I was feeling good until I stopped taking the Vallium and started taking 10 mg of Valllium in the morning and then 10 mg at night.  I was so exhausted.  So I took 5 mg of Vallium in the morning and 10 mg at night. Then,  I accidentally took 10 mg in the morning one day so I took 5 mg at night.  My body is so fatigued today.  Does changing even the dosage time have extreme effect, even though it's the same total dose of the day?

[Cr...]

Hello @[Th...], welcome to BenzoBuddies.

21 minutes ago, [[T...] said:

I was feeling good until I stopped taking the Vallium and started taking 10 mg of Valllium in the morning and then 10 mg at night

I wad a little confused about this portion of your post. Did you mean to say you were feeling good until you stopped taking the klonopin and switched over to Valium?

To answer your question, yes people can experience symptoms like fatigue when shuffling around the doses they normally take. Some people find Valium to be more sedating than other benzos, so that could be the case for you, especially if you have not been on Valium that long.

Since Valium has a long half-life, you might be fine just taking the 20 mgs at night time so must of the sedation effects occur when you are ready for sleep.

[Th...]
20 hours ago, [[C...] said:

Hello @[Th...], welcome to BenzoBuddies.

I wad a little confused about this portion of your post. Did you mean to say you were feeling good until you stopped taking the klonopin and switched over to Valium?

To answer your question, yes people can experience symptoms like fatigue when shuffling around the doses they normally take. Some people find Valium to be more sedating than other benzos, so that could be the case for you, especially if you have not been on Valium that long.

Since Valium has a long half-life, you might be fine just taking the 20 mgs at night time so must of the sedation effects occur when you are ready for sleep.

[Th...]
Posted (edited)

Hello Crono,

Yes it was when I stopped taking the Klonipin and I started on the Vallium as part of the Ashton Method schedule.  Do you think 20 mg at night would make me super groggy the next day?  I did on my own do 5 mg of Vallium and then 10 mg at night for the past 5 days and was fine (after stopping Klonipin because the first day of doing 10/10 was too much).  Plus, my Psychiatry clinic didn't get back to me. Now the exhaustion has come back.

Edited by [Th...]

[Cr...]
5 minutes ago, [[T...] said:

Do you think 20 mg at night would make me super groggy the next day? 

It may or may not. If it does, you may adapt to that dose over time to where you feel less sedation.

So you switched from 1 mg of Klonopin to 15 mgs of Valium (5am 10pm).  Are you aware that you instantly made a 25% dosage cut, since 1 mg if Klonopin is about 20 mg of Valium? You might be able to handle that cut depending on how physically dependent. How long were you on klonopin for?

[Th...]

Hello Crono, 
I've been on 1 mg of Klonopin (0.5 mg twice daily) for 2 years.  Like I could try the 20 mg of Valium at night and hopefully that doesn't impact my day staying awake. Here is the schedule that I started on July 2nd from my doctor.  By Week 4 is when I was hit with heavy sedation being on the 20 mg of Valium.  BY the way I really appreciate your prompt response.  I've been in the dark here and its terrifying.  I wonder how on Earth people stay awake at higher doses?  Genetics?

Week 1
  • Morning dose: clonazepam 0.5 mg
  • Evening dose: clonazepam 0.25 AND diazepam 5 mg
Week 2
  • Morning dose: clonazepam 0.5 mg
  • Evening dose: diazepam 10 mg
Week 3
  • Morning dose: clonazepam 0.25 AND diazepam 5 mg
Week 4-5 (up until we meet next on 8/5/24)
  • Morning dose: diazepam 10 mg