Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Heaviness for Withdrawl

[Mm...]

Hello, has anyone experienced extreme body heaviness when comming of benzos. I stopped all use of benzos about 5 days ago and I’ve had serious body heaviness.

[Cr...]

With you equate this feeling to a lack of energy, like fatigue? I have seen several people state having periods of time where it felt like they were walking through mud, or even cement, when describing how it felt to control their bodies while going through withdrawal.

At 5 days off you are basically in the acute phase of withdrawal. What benzo, and dose, did you jump off from?

[Mm...]

Hi thank you yes cement is a perfect way to describe it. I’ve actually been tapering for quite a while I started at 3 MG everyday for 2 years and then I just came off if it completely and my last dose was .25 so I figured it wouldn’t be this bad. 

[Cr...]
4 hours ago, [[M...] said:

@[Cr...] I forgot to mention in my reply it’s Ativan. 

If I remember correctly, .25 mg of Ativan can be equal to about 2.5 mgs of Valium. It is often recommended to jump off Valium between .5 mg and 1 mg. So it is. It surprising that you feel so awful.

If you can manage to stick things out that would be great, but I would not fault you if you wanted to taper lower (.125 or. 0625). 

When deciding to reinstate it is always better to do it as soon as possible rather than later. I am not trying to convince you to reinstate, but trying to get a sense of how well you can tolerate these symptoms.

With the knowledge that you will see improvements, are you able to tolerate these symptoms enough to move forward?