Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Help please

[Li...]
21 minutes ago, [[P...] said:

I’m glad you’re seeing some improvement but I see other symptoms are creeping in, this is how it goes.  Sometimes the symptoms will leave then return, sometimes they’ll leave and get replaced by another.  Our symptoms wax and wane, we never know how we’re going to feel from one minute to the next.  Just letting you know what to expect. 

Today seems even better. A lot more windows. What I do See myself doing is ruminating about this entire process/ obessing and getting petrified of the symptoms and tapering. Fear creeps in. Once I get moving I also feel better. Mostly Fear symptoms at this point. I was able to drive for a bit yesterday and plan on doing so today.. I'm hoping I will be ok when I taper. 

[Li...]
15 minutes ago, [[L...] said:

Today seems even better. A lot more windows. What I do See myself doing is ruminating about this entire process/ obessing and getting petrified of the symptoms and tapering. Fear creeps in. Once I get moving I also feel better. Mostly Fear symptoms at this point. I was able to drive for a bit yesterday and plan on doing so today.. I'm hoping I will be ok when I taper.  Oh and Depression. IDK if that will lift anytime soon.

[Pa...]

Fear was my constant companion but I’m glad you’re seeing the value of distraction.  Fill up your toolbox for when your taper begins, we need to find ways to distract from the symptoms.  

Depression is a big one, are you considering raising the Paxil dose?

• Like 1

[Li...]
Just now, [[P...] said:

Fear was my constant companion but I’m glad you’re seeing the value of distraction.  Fill up your toolbox for when your taper begins, we need to find ways to distract from the symptoms.  

Depression is a big one, are you considering raising the Paxil dose?

No. I don't think that's a good idea . Just more meds. Your thoughts? 

[Pa...]
1 minute ago, [[L...] said:

No. I don't think that's a good idea . Just more meds. Your thoughts? 

I don’t know, if you aren’t chronically depressed I don’t see the value but I also know things can get pretty dark.  The problem is more medications, some react well, others not so much but its important to keep an eye on your mood so you don’t get into a place that’s difficult to see out of. 

[Li...]
Just now, [[P...] said:

I don’t know, if you aren’t chronically depressed I don’t see the value but I also know things can get pretty dark.  The problem is more medications, some react well, others not so much but its important to keep an eye on your mood so you don’t get into a place that’s difficult to see out of. 

I was thinking part of the depression was from the ativan. IDK now

[Li...]
1 minute ago, [[L...] said:

I was thinking part of the depression was from the ativan. IDK now. Am I going to be ok

[Pa...]

I have no doubt its from the Ativan so this is temporary unless, like I mentioned you’ve been chronically depressed for years.

I was depressed when I took Ambien but as soon as I recovered I was fine. 

[Li...]
5 minutes ago, [[P...] said:

I have no doubt its from the Ativan so this is temporary unless, like I mentioned you’ve been chronically depressed for years.

I was depressed when I took Ambien but as soon as I recovered I was fine. 

I've had waves of depression in my life due do stress and too much change at once. I've always bounced back. I had a wave of depression recently because of major stress.That's why I started all this. About 5 weeks back. 

[Li...]
2 minutes ago, [[L...] said:

I've had waves of depression in my life due do stress and too much change at once. I've always bounced back. I had a wave of depression recently because of major stress.That's why I started all this. About 5 weeks back.. I believe the depression is coming from my thoughts pattern and anxiety. Not believing ill come out if this, hearing other horror stories,  and very scared in general of this process. 

[Li...]

I also want to ask why I'm experiencing Quite a few symptoms if I haven't tapered yet. Sorry for all the questions 

[Cr...]
13 minutes ago, [[L...] said:

I also want to ask why I'm experiencing Quite a few symptoms if I haven't tapered yet. Sorry for all the questions 

Symptoms can come from these medications for a variety of reasons.

Side effects: these can always be present, appear later on during use, or appear when increasing dose. Benzos can cause people to feel depressive side effects that can become more likely the longer a person uses them.

Tolerance withdrawal: your body may become used to a dosage and require more to achieve a similar effect. These symptoms can be very similar to tapering, or general, withdrawal symptoms.

Interdose withdrawal: you can always feel many symptoms in between your doses. They often occur due to the medication's rapid metabolization, causing the body to go into a mini-withdrawal before the next dose. These usually occur with fast acting benzos that have a short half-life (ativan, xanax), and often appear around the same time every day.

[Li...]
3 minutes ago, [[C...] said:

Symptoms can come from these medications for a variety of reasons.

Side effects: these can always be present, appear later on during use, or appear when increasing dose. Benzos can cause people to feel depressive side effects that can become more likely the longer a person uses them.

Tolerance withdrawal: your body may become used to a dosage and require more to achieve a similar effect. These symptoms can be very similar to tapering, or general, withdrawal symptoms.

Interdose withdrawal: you can always feel many symptoms in between your doses. They often occur due to the medication's rapid metabolization, causing the body to go into a mini-withdrawal before the next dose. These usually occur with fast acting benzos that have a short half-life (ativan, xanax), and often appear around the same time every day.

It's only been 5 weeks of use that's why I'm so scared. I just started tingling and itching a bit as well. 

[Pa...]
1 hour ago, [[L...] said:

You haven’t tapered but you’ve been unstable, that’s all that’s required to produce symptoms.  You mentioned in your first post that Ativan didn’t really help and between doses you’d been feeling anxious and depressed so the drug has never really worked for you. 

As for depression, it sounds like what you’ve experienced is pretty much what we all so, so I’m unsure if upping your dose of Paxil would be advantageous. 

[Li...]
10 minutes ago, [[P...] said:

You haven’t tapered but you’ve been unstable, that’s all that’s required to produce symptoms.  You mentioned in your first post that Ativan didn’t really help and between doses you’d been feeling anxious and depressed so the drug has never really worked for you. 

As for depression, it sounds like what you’ve experienced is pretty much what we all so, so I’m unsure if upping your dose of Paxil would be advantageous. 

Thank you Pam, I'm sorry for all the questions I'm scared I won't get better. 

• Like 1

[El...]

@[Li...] Please do not think  you "won't get better”. You are feeding your fear with more fear. I have been on, first Xanax, now Ativan, since 1989 (35 years!). I started tapering from 3 mg Ativan late April 2023. I have now at 0.45 mg. I can't say that tapering has always been easy or that I always feel “great”. I certainly have had some rough patches. But I am very functionaI. I can carry out all my daily tasks, I swim or walk 1-2 hours per day, I care for my young grandchildren when needed, I enjoy family activities, I read, I garden, I even go horseback riding regularly with my daughter(!). I know I still have a way to go on my taper.  But I do know that I will get better. I just need to be patient, hopeful, and realistic.

You will get better!

• Like 2

[Li...]
2 minutes ago, [[E...] said:

@[Li...] Please do not think  you "won't get better”. You are feeding your fear with more fear. I have been on, first Xanax, now Ativan, since 1989 (35 years!). I started tapering from 3 mg Ativan late April 2023. I have now at 0.45 mg. I can't say that tapering has always been easy or that I always feel “great”. I certainly have had some rough patches. But I am very functionaI. I can carry out all my daily tasks, I swim or walk 1-2 hours per day, I care for my young grandchildren when needed, I enjoy family activities, I read, I garden, I even go horseback riding regularly with my daughter(!). I know I still have a way to go on my taper.  But I do know that I will get better. I just need to be patient, hopeful, and realistic.

You will get better!

Thank you.  It's just scary because of my symptoms while still haven't tapered.  I appreciate you responding because my fear is in overdrive right now. 

[Ja...]

Lily,.I held dose for 2 month untill this week,.the interdose withdrawals were just like yours,.very manicy,.everything started stressing me out,and I sank into a dark depression 

I started my taper again this week and all my symptoms flipped,.withdrawal symptoms but without the depression as my CNS is hyped up again

there’s good benefits to holding namely sleep,.but yea the interdose withdrawals when they start are as bad as a drop withdrawal for me

i was also timing my 3 daily dose every 6 hour..12pm…6pm…12.am,.I’ve changed it to very 8 hour to cover a 24 hour period,..8am..4pm..12am,..it actually feels a bit better but I know that could change knowing withdrawal 

during my long hold my sleep stabled that’s well I fell asleep before my night dose loads of nights,.and took it in the middle of the night

but it was still hit and miss how my mornings would be as depression hit me bad in the second month of hold

i know how you feel pal this carry on feel like a extreme mental life test

[Li...]
12 minutes ago, [[J...] said:

Lily,.I held dose for 2 month untill this week,.the interdose withdrawals were just like yours,.very manicy,.everything started stressing me out,and I sank into a dark depression 

I started my taper again this week and all my symptoms flipped,.withdrawal symptoms but without the depression as my CNS is hyped up again

there’s good benefits to holding namely sleep,.but yea the interdose withdrawals when they start are as bad as a drop withdrawal for me

i was also timing my 3 daily dose every 6 hour..12pm…6pm…12.am,.I’ve changed it to very 8 hour to cover a 24 hour period,..8am..4pm..12am,..it actually feels a bit better but I know that could change knowing withdrawal 

during my long hold my sleep stabled that’s well I fell asleep before my night dose loads of nights,.and took it in the middle of the night

but it was still hit and miss how my mornings would be as depression hit me bad in the second month of hold

i know how you feel pal this carry on feel like a extreme mental life test

Thank you Jay.  This is really so frightening. I literally went to the store before and started freaking about all the people. I thought I was insane and my thoughts got weird. It was time to take my dose in 5 minutes ( I do 8 hours like you). and 45 min later I'm better. I hope you're getting bette ?

[Ja...]

Yea I’ve set up delivery for my shopping now for the next few month,as being in public was just becoming an extra stress

That intense feeling is absolutely awful,and yea it gives you a total sense of somebody else

1 thing I’ve learnt since starting this in January is recognising symptoms now,..lots of withdrawals and a long hold I’ve experienced both sides of it

it takes a little bit of the anxiety away when you know exactly what’s causing it

ive had a good long window today after a horrible wave last night that sent me to a dark room,.unreal tinnitus and overstimulated mind

still I carried on with a drop today,I’m micro droping 0.3 after every 2nd hold day,.works out at half a mg a week 

1st week done and it’s not been to bad,I’ve a 16 week plan and that’s 1 week down,determined to finish this this time round,.hope your ok to pal

[Li...]
4 minutes ago, [[J...] said:

Yea I’ve set up delivery for my shopping now for the next few month,as being in public was just becoming an extra stress

That intense feeling is absolutely awful,and yea it gives you a total sense of somebody else

1 thing I’ve learnt since starting this in January is recognising symptoms now,..lots of withdrawals and a long hold I’ve experienced both sides of it

it takes a little bit of the anxiety away when you know exactly what’s causing it

ive had a good long window today after a horrible wave last night that sent me to a dark room,.unreal tinnitus and overstimulated mind

still I carried on with a drop today,I’m micro droping 0.3 after every 2nd hold day,.works out at half a mg a week 

1st week done and it’s not been to bad,I’ve a 16 week plan and that’s 1 week down,determined to finish this this time round,.hope your ok to pal

How long were you on them? 

[Ja...]

About 20 months up to now at 7.5 mg Valium,.I was at 20mg a day,I stopped a long 23 year antidepressant cycle just before that,.yea it’s a whole new beginning for me

[Li...]
3 minutes ago, [[J...] said:

About 20 months up to now at 7.5 mg Valium,.I was at 20mg a day,I stopped a long 23 year antidepressant cycle just before that,.yea it’s a whole new beginning for me

So sorry. Are you feeling any better? 

[Ja...]

Yea,I can think a lot better,.but my nerves and stress feels raw,just getting on with it if I crack I crack lol

• Like 1

[Li...]
On 03/08/2024 at 12:24, [[E...] said:

@[Li...] It is very difficult to set a time frame on stabilization.  It may take only days or it could take a few weeks.  For some, it has taken a few months.  You already had a little "mini" window on Wednesday, so I would suspect it will take just a few weeks.  But we are all different and unique.  Please just be patient, wait, and trust your body "to figure this out".

So very sorry you have to endure this!

I think I spoke too soon. I have swollen lymph nodes now and ringing in my ear. Not a good day. Did I drop to much to stabilize ?