Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Help please

[Pa...]

I'm so glad to know the added dosing is helping, and thanks for looking up the information about Paxil, so it could already have reached its peak effectiveness.  Let us know what happens at your appointment tomorrow.

[Li...]

Good morning. The doctor's appointment was OK, I guess. She suggested I go up on paxil ( Im not doing that). She also told me to keep taking the Ativan until the Paxil kicks in because of my extreme anxiety. She claims I can't form a dependency because of the dose ( I don't believe that). I'm continuing to stabilize hopefully, but I have issues sleeping and only feel semi stable during the day. I wake up sweating, and I'm up every hour. I'm wondering if sleep Is affecting me as well? My blood pressure was very high last night, and my body felt numb and i was dizzy. Not sure if you know what this is? I'm getting very anxious and scared. I don't want to take this at all anymore, and I fear the withdrawal process . I thank you so much in advance for helping me

[Bo...]
24 minutes ago, [[L...] said:

Good morning. The doctor's appointment was OK, I guess. She suggested I go up on paxil ( Im not doing that). She also told me to keep taking the Ativan until the Paxil kicks in because of my extreme anxiety. She claims I can't form a dependency because of the dose ( I don't believe that). I'm continuing to stabilize hopefully, but I have issues sleeping and only feel semi stable during the day. I wake up sweating, and I'm up every hour. I'm wondering if sleep Is affecting me as well? My blood pressure was very high last night, and my body felt numb and i was dizzy. Not sure if you know what this is? I'm getting very anxious and scared. I don't want to take this at all anymore, and I fear the withdrawal process . I thank you so much in advance for helping me

The sweating, dizziness, nausea and numbness are all withdrawal symptoms. I was on 1 mg ativan and have all the same symptoms. My doctor told me it was not possible because I did not take a high dose. She just send me home and said it was probably flu or food poisoning. I just tapered on my own and I jumped 2 weeks ago. Still have symptoms but getting better everyday. 

[Li...]

[Li...]

I'm still dosing though? So it's withdrawal at night even though I'm still taking it

[Li...]

Please someone respond. I thought I was stabilizing on the dose but today is horrible.  What is happening 

[El...]

@[Li...] Please don't panic! After reading your previous posts, it appears that until Monday you were dosing 1.5-2 mg per day. On Tuesday you started splitting your doses to 0.5/0.5/0.5 at 7, 2, 9 for a total of 1.5 mg per day. Is that correct? If so, you have make 2 rather significant changes in just 2 days – now maintaining a 1.5 mg dose and splitting your morning 1 mg dose . I would suspect that your nervous system is struggling to adjust to these changes. Since you no longer take a “rescue” dose of 0.5 mg, your body is essentially adjusting to a "25%" reduction. In addition, people often experience what feels like withdrawal when they first split a dose (even if the daily dose remains the same). I think it is also significant that your doses are not spread evenly apart. I have found dosing at 8 hour intervals very helpful (6am/2pm/10pm) so that my blood serum levels remain constant. Since you apparently felt well yesterday, I would suspect that if you have patience, your system will stabilize within the next 1 to 2 weeks. It is an unfortunate fact that it takes time for our bodies to adjust to change. And, again unfortunately, the only thing we can do is wait.

It will get better! Just be patient!

• Like 1

[Li...]
Posted (edited)

Thank you.  I had to dose almost  an hour early today because of how bad it was. This is so hard.  Maybe I need to change to those times. I was off today

Edited by [Li...]

[Li...]
10 minutes ago, [[E...] said:

@[Li...] Please don't panic! After reading your previous posts, it appears that until Monday you were dosing 1.5-2 mg per day. On Tuesday you started splitting your doses to 0.5/0.5/0.5 at 7, 2, 9 for a total of 1.5 mg per day. Is that correct? If so, you have make 2 rather significant changes in just 2 days – now maintaining a 1.5 mg dose and splitting your morning 1 mg dose . I would suspect that your nervous system is struggling to adjust to these changes. Since you no longer take a “rescue” dose of 0.5 mg, your body is essentially adjusting to a "25%" reduction. In addition, people often experience what feels like withdrawal when they first split a dose (even if the daily dose remains the same). I think it is also significant that your doses are not spread evenly apart. I have found dosing at 8 hour intervals very helpful (6am/2pm/10pm) so that my blood serum levels remain constant. Since you apparently felt well yesterday, I would suspect that if you have patience, your system will stabilize within the next 1 to 2 weeks. It is an unfortunate fact that it takes time for our bodies to adjust to change. And, again unfortunately, the only thing we can do is wait.

It will get better! Just be patient!

I should try those times. I had to dose an hour early today ( 2 times) because it was so bad. 

[Pa...]

Thanks to @[Bo...] and @[El...] for helping you understand what is happening.  These are normal symptoms and focusing on them makes them worse so while you're adjusting to your new dosing regimen now would be the time to work on filling your toolbox with useful coping techniques. 

@[Li...], your doctor is wrong, your body can form dependence at this dose, there is no such thing as a small dose of benzodiazepines, they're powerful drugs that change how your brain works and changing back to normal function is painful and takes time.  

I'm not sure if increasing your dose of Paxil will help but your doctor may have a point about staying on your normal dose of Ativan while waiting for it to take effect, unfortunately, that means longer on the Ativan.  I absolutely detest it when doctors prescribe benzo's in an effort to help patients acclimate to A/D's, it makes the problem much, much worse!

• Like 1

[Pa...]
9 minutes ago, [[L...] said:

I'm in tolerance withdrawal so bad 

I'm not sure we can state conclusively you're experiencing tolerance withdrawal, I would lean towards interdose and instability for now. 

[Pa...]

Yes, please keep reaching out, we know how scary this is but the more you educate yourself about this process, the less you'll fear and believe me, the fear is REAL AND OVERWHELMING!

We'd discussed a few pages back about you possibly needing to take 1.75 instead of 1.5 because you had some days where you took 2 mgs, do you feel you might need to consider starting from 1.75 and if you did, would you have enough supply to do a slow taper?  

[Li...]

90 of point 5 Milligrams.. Just want to know what Happens if you reach tolerance

[Pa...]
5 minutes ago, [[L...] said:

90 of point 5 Milligrams.. Just want to know what Happens if you reach tolerance

Okay, I understand, thanks.  Tolerance can happen anytime but we typically see it when someone has been on the drug for months and years.  That's when people have to increase their dose to achieve the same effect.

[Bo...]
12 hours ago, [[L...] said:

Please someone respond. I thought I was stabilizing on the dose but today is horrible.  What is happening 

That happened to me while tapering. First day was ok and then it got worse. I just accepted it. Took a couch day and waited it out. It would take a week or more to stabilise. Once stable i waited another few days for the next cut. I only did a cut on one dose at the time. Stabilize and cut another dose. And so on. I found that the middle dose was the easiest. That was the first to go entirely. Night one the last. But that maybe different for you. Try to keep to the hours. Otherwise you end up having to take in the middle of the night. Even if it gets bad. Just ride it out till its time. Its going to be unpleasant, but I am now 16 days post jump and improving a lot. I still have bad days, but I will never touch ativan again. I threw them all away. 

• Like 1

[Li...]
24 minutes ago, [[B...] said:

That happened to me while tapering. First day was ok and then it got worse. I just accepted it. Took a couch day and waited it out. It would take a week or more to stabilise. Once stable i waited another few days for the next cut. I only did a cut on one dose at the time. Stabilize and cut another dose. And so on. I found that the middle dose was the easiest. That was the first to go entirely. Night one the last. But that maybe different for you. Try to keep to the hours. Otherwise you end up having to take in the middle of the night. Even if it gets bad. Just ride it out till its time. Its going to be unpleasant, but I am now 16 days post jump and improving a lot. I still have bad days, but I will never touch ativan again. I threw them all away. 

Thank you so much. I can't eat

[Bu...]
On 30/07/2024 at 15:25, [[L...] said:

I don't feel well from the moment I go to sleep. I wake up every hour, up by 5 am. And things lift a little as the day goes on. The cycle will start all over again at night once I fall asleep for 1 hour or 2 at most. 

Just here to offer empathy- this is what my nights are often like, and as you described things lift during the day. 

its good that you are seeking help at this stage when you can alter your doses to help your situation 

If it was driving that triggered your panic attack I would take heed of that

try and actively think about stress triggers that you can avoid

have you tried breathing exercises?

[Bu...]
On 30/07/2024 at 15:25, [[L...] said:

I don't feel well from the moment I go to sleep. I wake up every hour, up by 5 am. And things lift a little as the day goes on. The cycle will start all over again at night once I fall asleep for 1 hour or 2 at most. 

Just here to offer empathy- this is what my nights are often like, and as you described things lift during the day. 

its good that you are seeking help at this stage when you can alter your doses to help your situation 

[Li...]
31 minutes ago, [[B...] said:

Hi, Yes,I have. I also just started therapy.  I however feel so numb at the moment to everything.  Now I'm starting to feel Physical symptoms.  I have an old injury in my rotator cuff that healed. Now all the sudden I feel it again after 7 years. I'm wondering how I will eat? I can't even look at food . Thank you for writing me 

[Li...]
7 hours ago, [[P...] said:

Okay, I understand, thanks.  Tolerance can happen anytime but we typically see it when someone has been on the drug for months and years.  That's when people have to increase their dose to achieve the same effect.

Did you ever feel like manic. I don't know how to exactly explain it.  I'm so exhusted but my brain is awake and feels manicy. I'm up,  and down with waves. Physical symptoms now appearing in muscles randomly. I feel old injuries that I've never had an issue with. Vomiting sometimes after a dose??