Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Help please

11 minutes ago, [[L...] said:

@[El...] I'll probably keep the doses even. I'd prefer the 5.4% cut. I hope I will be ok with that larger cut. 

How many MG would that be

1 hour ago, [[E...] said:

@[Li...] It is certainly worth trying!  You have done very well at 2.5% and 3.4%.  Let me know how it goes!

@[El...] Thank you! How are you doing with the liquid?  PS. What is the new Milagrams on the 5.4? I will soon figure out the math I hope lol. 

@[Li...] You would now be at 0.454 mg per dose or 1.362 mg total daily dose.  You really are making excellent progress!

You are very kind to ask about my taper.  The change to the liquid was "fairly" smooth.  As anticipated, it took some adjustment...in the form of mostly minor withdrawal symptoms.  I held my dose constant for 15 days and now, except for feeling a little "drugged", I am proceeding with my taper.

Let me know how you get along with your next reduction.

1 hour ago, [[E...] said:

@[Li...] You would now be at 0.454 mg per dose or 1.362 mg total daily dose.  You really are making excellent progress!

You are very kind to ask about my taper.  The change to the liquid was "fairly" smooth.  As anticipated, it took some adjustment...in the form of mostly minor withdrawal symptoms.  I held my dose constant for 15 days and now, except for feeling a little "drugged", I am proceeding with my taper.

Let me know how you get along with your next reduction.

@[El...] Good to hear it's gotten better for you. I'm sure you will adjust more. 🙂  I'll keep you posted. 

I assume you're following all of the best practices while using your scale?  

When I first came to BenzoBuddies, I don't recall anyone using a scale, most used dry cutting and liquid titration and members managed just fine, but since I returned in 2019 things changed and the focus seems to be more on scales.  I guess what I'm trying to say is, as long as you're making small reductions and paying attention to your symptoms, you're going to be successful.  Of course, we worry about every little thing, that's the nature of this process but you're doing all you can to ease off the drug and that's exactly what you need to be doing.

@[Li...] I agree with @[Pa...]!  It is easy to get caught up in the minutae of your taper.  But as long as you are following best practices with your scale, making small reductions and following your symptoms, you will be fine.  

Please don't worry!  You are doing great!

2 minutes ago, [[E...] said:

@[Li...] I agree with @[Pa...]!  It is easy to get caught up in the minutae of your taper.  But as long as you are following best practices with your scale, making small reductions and following your symptoms, you will be fine.  

Please don't worry!  You are doing great!

Thank you both. 😊 ❤️. I'm doing a lot  better but as you can see the ruminations are still not under control. I hope everyone sleeps well. 

• Love 1

18 hours ago, [[L...] said:

Thank you both. 😊 ❤️. I'm doing a lot  better but as you can see the ruminations are still not under control. I hope everyone sleeps well. 

@[Pa...] I just wanted to come in and write again because I forgot a few things. I have been having Flu like symptoms. Feels like I have Covid, but I don't.  Muscle aches, heavy legs, extreme fatigue.  It's been minor throughout my taper, but I feel  an increase in it. It can't be from this new cut I just took this morning,  because it's been a few days now im feeling it.  Today, it's a bit more intense. I also get weird, Deja Vu??  My main question is, I really don't want to hold and am just wondering if this is normal symptoms throughout a taper. More intensity today. 

5 minutes ago, [[L...] said:

@[Pa...] I just wanted to come in and write again because I forgot a few things. I have been having Flu like symptoms. Feels like I have Covid, but I don't.  Muscle aches, heavy legs, extreme fatigue.  It's been minor throughout my taper, but I feel  an increase in it. It can't be from this new cut I just took this morning,  because it's been a few days now im feeling it.  Today, it's a bit more intense. I also get weird, Deja Vu??  My main question is, I really don't want to hold and am just wondering if this is normal symptoms throughout a taper. More intensity today. 

@[El...]

@[Li...] I have at some point experienced all the symptoms you have listed.  They are normal withdrawal symptoms.  The key, however, is to keep track of their intensity.  It could be just a wave of symptoms which will pass.  But, if these symptoms are ever-increasing, it may be a sign that you need to hold for a few more days than planned after your last reduction to allow your system to catch up with your reductions.  And/or it may be a sign that you need to make a smaller reduction than your last.  Just keep noting your symptoms...but please don't obsess about them.  Again, they are normal...you just don't want them to reach a point where they interfere with your daily activities.

I think you said you were keeping a log of your symptoms?  Are you rating their intensity?  This has helped me tremendously throughout my taper.  As you go along in your taper, you may begin to see patterns appear after certain percentage reductions or periods of holding.  It may help you make a good decision about another your next reduction or hold.

But please don't worry.  You are doing great!

39 minutes ago, [[E...] said:

@[Li...] I have at some point experienced all the symptoms you have listed.  They are normal withdrawal symptoms.  The key, however, is to keep track of their intensity.  It could be just a wave of symptoms which will pass.  But, if these symptoms are ever-increasing, it may be a sign that you need to hold for a few more days than planned after your last reduction to allow your system to catch up with your reductions.  And/or it may be a sign that you need to make a smaller reduction than your last.  Just keep noting your symptoms...but please don't obsess about them.  Again, they are normal...you just don't want them to reach a point where they interfere with your daily activities.

I think you said you were keeping a log of your symptoms?  Are you rating their intensity?  This has helped me tremendously throughout my taper.  As you go along in your taper, you may begin to see patterns appear after certain percentage reductions or periods of holding.  It may help you make a good decision about another your next reduction or hold.

But please don't worry.  You are doing great!

@[El...] Thank you Ellie. I do track my symptoms but I really haven't tracked them in the past week or so because I was  feeling a lot better mentally and was trying not to think about it. I will start doing this. My symptoms are about a 5 or 6.  out of 10 being the highest. I am still functional just fatigued all the time. I already have prior  Inflammation and muscle issues before this if that  makes any difference? It's just  intensified now.