Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Help please

16 minutes ago, [[C...] said:

Hi @[Li...]

How often do you intend to reduce your dose by 2.5%?

I will add that smaller, more frequent reductions to dose are generally better tolerated than larger, less frequent reductions, even if the overall taper rates are similar.

As for the taper rate you use: again, it is trial and error. And you might find that you need to reduce the taper rate when at a lower dose. (Or maybe not - it varies.)

I don't know thats the thing. I was seeing if I could handle this cut. So far so good but it's only been 5 days. I was thinking every 10 days? MAybe trying 3 percent on Sunday?  Or stay at 2.5 percent and cut every 7 days? Sorry for all the questions.I'm just so confused and you need guidance. I appreciate this @[Co...]. Should I possibly go faster considering this is 2 months of use? 

2 hours ago, [[L...] said:

I don't know thats the thing. I was seeing if I could handle this cut. So far so good but it's only been 5 days. I was thinking every 10 days? MAybe trying 3 percent on Sunday?  Or stay at 2.5 percent and cut every 7 days? Sorry for all the questions.I'm just so confused and you need guidance. I appreciate this @[Co...]. Should I possibly go faster considering this is 2 months of use? 

I cannot supply you with a rate, as it is an individual thing. Try not to get too tied up in the precise size of the reduction (2.5 or 3%) - it makes little difference. Just keep reductions small, and make new reductions when you feel able. The precise size of the reduction and number of days between reductions is not critical - they can even vary. If the last cut was very difficult, perhaps make smaller reduction next time. If you do not feel ready to make a new reduction, allow more time (within reason).

I understand that you seek exactitudes, but I cannot supply them. Just play it by ear, roll with it, and try not stress over it.

• Love 1

14 hours ago, [[E...] said:

@[Li...] I do understand your fears!  But, I really highly doubt it will take 3 years to complete your taper.  (After 35 years on a benzo, myself, and starting my taper at 3 mg, I do not think it will even take me 3 years.)  I don't think you will be become more dependent as you taper.  The purpose of a slower, symptom-led taper is to very gradually reduce your physical dependence (not increase it)..and do so in a more comfortable fashion.  

I know it all seems almost impossible at times, but please try to trust in this process.  You are feeling better.  That is a huge accomplishment!  You are getting better!  And you will be successful.

@[El...] Thank you.  Am I able to contact you on here Saturday or Sunday with help for the math if I'm ready to reduce again ? 

I cannot commit to times like that. But you can tag me and if I am here, I will try to help you. And if I am not here, I am sure someone else will be able to assist.

17 minutes ago, [[C...] said:

I cannot commit to times like that. But you can tag me and if I am here, I will try to help you. And if I am not here, I am sure someone else will be able to assist.

That was for Ellie. She was helping me with the math @[El...]

3 minutes ago, [[L...] said:

That was for Ellie. She was helping me with the math @[El...]

I'm on a roll today! ::)

I'm tired - an early night tonight for me, I think. :)

• Love 1

On 09/09/2024 at 22:17, [[E...] said:

@[Li...] I do understand your fears!  But, I really highly doubt it will take 3 years to complete your taper.  (After 35 years on a benzo, myself, and starting my taper at 3 mg, I do not think it will even take me 3 years.)  I don't think you will be become more dependent as you taper.  The purpose of a slower, symptom-led taper is to very gradually reduce your physical dependence (not increase it)..and do so in a more comfortable fashion.  

I know it all seems almost impossible at times, but please try to trust in this process.  You are feeling better.  That is a huge accomplishment!  You are getting better!  And you will be successful.

@[El...]  I am about 7 days out cutting the 2.5%. I don't want to Jinx anything, but I'm actually feeling a bit better.  ( I understand symptoms can still creep). Would it be wise to cut again after 10 days, or should I wait. I would most likely just cut 2.5 % again or 3. Ellie, thank you.  You always calm me. 

@[Li...] You are very kind.

Amyway, I am so, so happy that you are doing well! You have been so diligent and very patient. Many congratulations!

I always consider my next reduction when I feel stable enough and ready and well enough to handle a slight increase in withdrawal symptoms should they occur. So, if by Sunday you are continuing to feel well, by all means, consider your next reduction. If you want to stay in the “neighborhood” of 2.5-3%, you could cut and shave you next set of pills to 0.057 grams. This would be a 3.4% reduction (0.47 mg per dose). Alternatively, if you want to be closer to a 2.5% reduction, you could make 2 doses 0.057 grams and 1 dose 0.058 grams. So, for example, your morning dose could be 0.057 grams, your afternoon dose 0.057 grams, and your evening dose 0.058 grams (0.47 mg, 0.47 mg, 0.479 mg per dose). This would be a 2.8% reduction.

Again, congratulations! You should be very proud of the great progress you have made! (And, I am so happy for you.)

37 minutes ago, [[E...] said:

@[Li...] You are very kind.

Amyway, I am so, so happy that you are doing well! You have been so diligent and very patient. Many congratulations!

I always consider my next reduction when I feel stable enough and ready and well enough to handle a slight increase in withdrawal symptoms should they occur. So, if by Sunday you are continuing to feel well, by all means, consider your next reduction. If you want to stay in the “neighborhood” of 2.5-3%, you could cut and shave you next set of pills to 0.057 grams. This would be a 3.4% reduction (0.47 mg per dose). Alternatively, if you want to be closer to a 2.5% reduction, you could make 2 doses 0.057 grams and 1 dose 0.058 grams. So, for example, your morning dose could be 0.057 grams, your afternoon dose 0.057 grams, and your evening dose 0.058 grams (0.47 mg, 0.47 mg, 0.479 mg per dose). This would be a 2.8% reduction.

Again, congratulations! You should be very proud of the great progress you have made! (And, I am so happy for you.)

I already have 2 pills shaved at 0.057 from last time.  I put them aside. I think I will go with that.  Sending you virtual flowers. You've been such a great help. 🌼 🌸 

Just now, [[L...] said:

I already have 2 pills shaved at 0.057 from last time.  I put them aside. I think I will go with that.  Sending you virtual flowers. You've been such a great help. 🌼 🌸  @[El...]

Just now, [[L...] said:
Just now, [[L...] said:

I already have 2 pills shaved at 0.057 from last time.  I put them aside. I think I will go with that.  Sending you virtual flowers. You've been such a great help. 🌼 🌸  @[El...] PS. This a 3 percent reduction? Or 3.4? I'm so bad with this math lol

On 12/09/2024 at 16:26, [[E...] said:

@[Li...] If you are taking 0.057 grams 3 times per days, that would be a 3.4% reduction.  Let me know how you are doing!

@[El...] Do you take histimine? I heard it might help with Lorazepam withdrawal? 

@[Li...] No, I do not take any supplements.  I do know some have found them helpful, however.  But I am a little confused.  Although Ido not know much about histamine, I thought it was a problem of histamine intolerance for some.  So, I am unclear why you are thinking of taking histamine?  Perhaps I have a misunderstanding?

Hope you are well this evening!

28 minutes ago, [[E...] said:

@[Li...] No, I do not take any supplements.  I do know some have found them helpful, however.  But I am a little confused.  Although Ido not know much about histamine, I thought it was a problem of histamine intolerance for some.  So, I am unclear why you are thinking of taking histamine?  Perhaps I have a misunderstanding?

Hope you are well this 

Its a histimine digestive.  I'm most likely in fear again, ruminations about what can go wrong about histimine lol.  I'm getting better at it. I do a bit better everyday and have been out everyday in crowds for the past week. My biggest symptom is Fear!  How is everything with you? You are almost at the end right? ❤️ 

35 minutes ago, [[L...] said:

I'm getting better at it. I do a bit better everyday and have been out everyday in crowds for the past week.

Wow, this is amazing!  I hated the fear, but I got to the point where I'd actually talk to it.  I'd say, this isn't real, its not me and it won't be me when I recover.  Nothing is going to go wrong, you're taking one step at a time and you're doing this! :thumbsup:

10 minutes ago, [[P...] said:

Wow, this is amazing!  I hated the fear, but I got to the point where I'd actually talk to it.  I'd say, this isn't real, its not me and it won't be me when I recover.  Nothing is going to go wrong, you're taking one step at a time and you're doing this! :thumbsup:

@[Pa...] Thank you Pamster for helping me and so many people.  I've been listening to a few benzo coaches on YouTube who really help with the fear. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

@[El...] @[Pa...]. I hope everyone had a good weekend. I just wanted to check in, and I'm doing pretty well on my taper. I even feel normal sometimes. I can go in crowds now and even attended church today with loud music. However,
The drums bothered me a bit, lol. I am obviously still not myself and have symptoms, but try and ignore it for the most part. I believe I had one panick attack yesterday, but it is what it is.I started to get the paronoid thoughts thing with disassociating, feeling lightheaded, and Flu like symptoms, but it passes.  I think I'm ready to cut again. It  would be on  Wednesday. I'm  cutting every 10 days. My question is, should I expect the sh*t to hit the fan the lower I go? Or can the cuts catch up to me?  Sending gratitude your way. 

@[Li...] It is good to hear from you! And it is particularly welcome to hear you are doing so well.

There are certainly no guarentees on anyone's taper journey. But you can certainly plan to try to minimize symptoms as you progress. And that is what you are doing by planning, and then carrying out reasonable reductions at a reasonable rate. Please try not to stress about the future. You really, really are doing great!

Have you planned the percentage for your next reduction?

6 minutes ago, [[E...] said:

@[Li...] It is good to hear from you! And it is particularly welcome to hear you are doing so well.

There are certainly no guarentees on anyone's taper journey. But you can certainly plan to try to minimize symptoms as you progress. And that is what you are doing by planning, and then carrying out reasonable reductions at a reasonable rate. Please try not to stress about the future. You really, really are doing great!

Have you planned the percentage for your next reduction?

Hi Ellie! Love hearing from you. Since I'm doing so much better I was thinking possibly 3.6? Or 4%. Last reduction was 3.4% at 0.47 mg. Suggestions?  I would appreciate? 

31 minutes ago, [[L...] said:

Hi Ellie! Love hearing from you. Since I'm doing so much better I was thinking possibly 3.6? Or 4%. Last reduction was 3.4% at 0.47 mg. Suggestions?  I would appreciate? @[El...]

Maybe in-between.  3.7%?  Is probably reasonable 🤔. I cut every 10 days right now. And I'll have to weigh a new script October 4th I believe. @[El...]

@[Li...] So, you will be using your old (0.0606 gram) pills for your next reduction?

If so, you have a few choices:

You could have 3 doses 0.055 grams...a 3.5% reduction....or

You could have 2 doses 0.055 grams and 1 dose 0.054 grams...a 4.1% reduction...or

You could have 2 doses 0.054 grams and 1 dose 0.055 grams...a 4.7% reduction...or

You could have all 3 doses 0.054 grams...a 5.4% reduction.

When I started having not quite the evenly weighted doses, I bought a pill organizer so I could have the greater weighted doses in the am and pm.

Let me know if you have questions!

Correct. Im still doing the 0.0606 grams. And my last weigh was 0.057. That's what I'm taking now  ( on each 0.5mg pill).  So going down to 0.054 would only be about 3 percent? Or I'm not doing correct math. You stated that would be a  5.4.% Reduction? Sorry 

1 minute ago, [[L...] said:

Correct. Im still doing the 0.0606 grams. And my last weigh was 0.057. That's what I'm taking now  ( on each 0.5mg pill).  So going down to 0.054 would only be about 3 percent? Or I'm not doing correct math. You stated that would be a  5.4.% Reduction? Sorry 

Never mind. It's because I take 3 a day? Lol

18 hours ago, [[L...] said:

Never mind. It's because I take 3 a day? Lol

@[El...] I'll probably keep the doses even. I'd prefer the 5.4% cut. I hope I will be ok with that larger cut.