Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Did anyone had to start their tapering because of side effects of a benzo?

[Tr...]

Hello everyone, did anyone had to start their tapering because of side effects of a benzo? 

Two weeks ago I started tapering Clonazepam 0.5 mg taken for 7 weeks due to dizziness, balance problems and muscle weekness and pain. I noticed that my muscles are strongert and hurt less, but there is no improvement in the dizziness and I got tinitus and a short episode of tachycardia.

Did you see any side effects disappearing as your taper went on?

Edited by [Tr...]

[Ro...]

I tapered off 1 mg of Clonazepam.  I could tell that after 7 years of use, I was reaching tolerance withdrawal as well as experiencing some depression as a side effect of the med.

No more depression once off Clonazepam.

• Like 1

[Tr...]
Posted (edited)

Thank you so much for the swift reply, @[Ro...]! Did your depression start to improve during the taper or only after you were done with the taper?

Edited by [Tr...]

[Ro...]
3 hours ago, [[T...] said:

Thank you so much for the swift reply, @[Ro...]! Did your depression start to improve during the taper or only after you were done with the taper?

Actually, it started to improve during the taper.  Can't remember at what point, though.

• Like 1

[Tr...]
Posted (edited)

Thank you so much for giving me hope!

Edited by [Tr...]

[PE...]

Yes I think so. So bad i had to CT.. that and/or tolerance. 

• Like 1

[Le...]

I had hyperacusis and loss of coordination the whole time using but was too stupid to figure out why. mostly gone now. took a while. 

• Like 1

[Tr...]
Posted (edited)

Hello @[Le...], many thanks for your reply! May I ask how long did it take you to get back your coordination. Did you do a taper or just CTed? 

Edited by [Tr...]

[Tr...]

Hello @[PE...], many tanks for your reply! May I ask what the side effects were and how long did it take for them to disappear?

[Le...]
3 hours ago, [[T...] said:

Hello @[Le...], many thanks for your reply! May I ask how long did it take you to get back your coordination. Did you do a taper or just CTed? 

doc cted me. no clue what was happening. I have a hard time answering that question. a was quite a mess and dont remember much very clearly. i wouldnt recommend a CT but would also recommend getting away from the stuff as soon as possible which may not be too long after 7 weeks of use. 

• Like 1

[PE...]
9 hours ago, [[T...] said:

Hello @[PE...], many tanks for your reply! May I ask what the side effects were and how long did it take for them to disappear?

I had withdrawal symptoms while taking it. Akathisia and vomiting, anxiety and the lot.

• Sad 1