Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

In need of a buddy

[Av...]

Is anyone available to help support me as I am really struggling at the moment?

I've been off benzos for several years, but have experienced a resurgence of symptoms after getting drunk a few months ago. Please, no judgments, I was ignorant of the connection between benzos and alcohol, setbacks etc. I am absolutely devastated about this. 

If anyone can help please get in touch. It would be great if you have also struggled with a setback or akathisia.  

• Love 1

[Id...]

Dear @[Av...] I would gladly step in but I am physically incapacitated now for unrelated reason. 
I want to tell you that nobody judges you here, we all didn’t know what we were going to face 

Also intrusive regrets are a symptom in se, look at it as any other symptom, is bad of course, but it isn’t the healthy truth. It’s just a symptom 

I wish you to heal soon and to feel as serene as you can get in the meantime 

A buddy hug 

• Like 2

[Av...]

Just to be clear, I'm hoping for some regular communication support more than anything. 

• Like 1

[Fi...]

Try your best not to be so hard on yourself for consuming alcohol.  You have now learned it was a mistake and now you will not do it again.  In the meantime be kind to yourself ❤️

You will get through this setback and it will not take very long.

I am in a wave of symptoms myself, it is really getting to me.  I understand your pain to well.  I accidentally ruined my carpet (in a rental) and just lost it yesterday.  First, there was a mildew problem in my closet and it ruined many things (whatever I threw everything out it’s fine), then I had a baby mouse or mole crawl out from under my refrigerator while starting YOGA practice, then the carpet incident.  I just literally had a temper tantrum.  I was crying and carrying on like a child.

But keep in mind, I did just leave a narcissist, and I have other mental health problems.  So I might be a bit more challenged I am not sure.

I am judging myself right now too, I feel incompetent, and have been so sad these past few days.  I do not want you to feel that way.  I am going to be holding my taper for a long while, I am at 9.25mg of Valium.  I need to stabilize.

I hope you feel better soon, I am sure you dogs miss their walks with you even if it’s just a few minutes.  I am going to force myself onto my YOGA mat.  As much as I could care less and want to stay in bed indefinitely.  I may even invite a friend over for a visit.  To be determined…

Love,

Fierce

• Like 1
  • Love 1

[Av...]
On 01/08/2024 at 11:17, [[F...] said:

Try your best not to be so hard on yourself for consuming alcohol.  You have now learned it was a mistake and now you will not do it again.  In the meantime be kind to yourself ❤️

You will get through this setback and it will not take very long.

I am in a wave of symptoms myself, it is really getting to me.  I understand your pain to well.  I accidentally ruined my carpet (in a rental) and just lost it yesterday.  First, there was a mildew problem in my closet and it ruined many things (whatever I threw everything out it’s fine), then I had a baby mouse or mole crawl out from under my refrigerator while starting YOGA practice, then the carpet incident.  I just literally had a temper tantrum.  I was crying and carrying on like a child.

But keep in mind, I did just leave a narcissist, and I have other mental health problems.  So I might be a bit more challenged I am not sure.

I am judging myself right now too, I feel incompetent, and have been so sad these past few days.  I do not want you to feel that way.  I am going to be holding my taper for a long while, I am at 9.25mg of Valium.  I need to stabilize.

I hope you feel better soon, I am sure you dogs miss their walks with you even if it’s just a few minutes.  I am going to force myself onto my YOGA mat.  As much as I could care less and want to stay in bed indefinitely.  I may even invite a friend over for a visit.  To be determined…

Love,

Fierce

Thank you for the kind words. 

[Av...]

Thank you everybody who responded here or got in touch privately. I have a few buddies now, one I speak with on the phone every day and a couple more I exchange text messages with daily. This has been a great help and support for me. Thank you to all of you, you know who you are. 

• Love 1

• 2 weeks later...