Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Drinking

[Kr...]

Hello guys,

drinking after beeing off stops the healing from happening? I’m drinking once a week, and want to know if there is any risk.

since I don’t have any problems with the drink - I feel exactly the same next day as I was before, that is bad - I don’t think there is a problem. Any idea? 

[jo...]

I got away with drinking a couple of times and then the third time i really didn't. I would say be very careful.

[Ma...]

Why risk it? I believe you’ve been here long enough to read the stories of 1 drink putting people directly back into acute, even years later. Or it immediately causing akathasia when the person never experienced that prior.

Your brain is going to be sensitive for a number of years to come. And you know alcohol is the only thing other than BENZOS affecting the same receptors.

@[jo...] ‘got away with it’. What if next time you don’t?

Bottom line, do you really want to take the risk after everything you have been through? Is it really worth it?

Edited by [Ma...]
  • Like 2

[Av...]

Please take a look at my recent posts.
Even after years off I got away with drinking moderately for quite some time until one day I didn’t.

I wish I’d never started drinking again. I never got a huge amount of pleasure from it anyway. Definitely not worth the risk in my opinion.

Please learn from my mistake. I wouldn’t wish what I am going through now on anybody. 

[Av...]
7 hours ago, [[M...] said:

Why risk it? I believe you’ve been here long enough to read the stories of 1 drink putting people directly back into acute, even years later. Or it immediately causing akathasia when the person never experienced that prior.

Your brain is going to be sensitive for a number of years to come. And you know alcohol is the only thing other than BENZOS affecting the same receptors.

@[jo...] ‘got away with it’. What if next time you don’t?

Bottom line, do you really want to take the risk after everything you have been through? Is it really worth it?

I only wish someone had said something like this to me several months back. Unfortunately, I wasn't really part of the benzo community, so did not know about the connection between benzos, alcohol and gaba receptors, setbacks etc. I desperately wish I'd had this information a few months back. 

• Like 2