Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Ugh - hold on a micro taper. Not what I wanted, but I guess what I need.

@[Os...] The vertigo must be difficult with work and your other obligations. It’s fortunate that you can sleep and drive. Hang in there.

I think its wonderful you've been able to go back to work, I worked during my recovery and while it was difficult, the distraction helped. 

You're smart to listen to those symptoms, and I'm so sorry to hear you're dealing with vertigo, hopefully holding your dose will eliminate it.  Wow, less than 1 mg of Diazepam is making you miserable, these drugs are so powerful!

• Like 1

Update:

I'm feeling considerably better. I held for 6 days at 0.73 mg, and the last two days, I went down to 0.72 mg. The vertigo has gotten milder, and my leg cramping got a lot better. I have been experiencing some mild, looming depression, though. I'm not sure that's benzo-caused, but maybe just feeling stuck and trapped in this benzo pit of doom. I started seeing a new therapist, so I'm going to work through that stuff.

The hardest part of the hold is letting go of my self-defined timeline to be done completely. But, I feel like I've let go of that now, and taking it one day at a time. I had gone from 1.4mg to 0.73 mg of diazepam in just 1 month, and that was too fast. I'll be taking it slower for a while now, to make sure that I'm keeping ahead of symptoms.

• Like 1
  • Love 2

I can’t tell you to hold or not hold, but keep in mind nothing about this is linear and there are going to be bumps.  I’ll do a cut and have 5 out of 6 good days and 1 bad day. Does that mean I should hold?  I don’t know.  If I start having 2,3,4 bad days in a row that’s a sign I need to hold.  One lousy night of sleep or a little anxiety followed by a good day, I just chalk up to this not being a linear process and continue on.  Best.

• Like 3