Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Is It normal to feel SOO depressed and Anhedonic after 10 months of getting clean ??/

[Sh...]

I have had my last dose of Xanax on October 1st 2023 . it was horrible for 6 months then things started to get better . about a month ago , depression and loss of pleasure got amplified 2-3X . I was thinking I am on road to recovery but now I feel at a very low point and can't get myself to snap out of the 24/7 drag . this along with bad head pressure and some fatigue are my remaining symptoms , but feel so discouraged I am back in severe depression . any thoughts?

@[Sh...], hi. In my opinion, it's normal because i read and heard so many stories like yours. I think it can happen due to us being soo tired of the weird hard process. When the extreme struggling of the acute phase is over, our body is just over exhausted and fails to produce necessary things to maintain much of vigour for a while. I guess it needs time and we can speed up the process believing in our body and  ourselves and engaging in smth positive we can possibly do. Just my thoughts. Healing to you!)

• Like 1

[Sh...]

@[...] Thank You Kate .. I really hope so .. I don't really remember how was before Xanax but I definitely wasn't depressed all day everyday 24/7 like I am now so I am going with benzodiazepines withdrawal .... and hoping this gloom and doom lifts sometime soon like you said I am so exhausted of all this crap and want my life back . Thanks a lot ! 

• Like 1

[vo...]
On 28/07/2024 at 11:03, [[S...] said:

@[...] Thank You Kate .. I really hope so .. I don't really remember how was before Xanax but I definitely wasn't depressed all day everyday 24/7 like I am now so I am going with benzodiazepines withdrawal .... and hoping this gloom and doom lifts sometime soon like you said I am so exhausted of all this crap and want my life back . Thanks a lot ! 

@[Sh...] I was on xanax too. Do you think it's possible that the xanax masked the depression for you, for however long you were on it? It did for me - it hid my anxiety, panic attacks and depression. I was numb and wasn't present in my own life. Xanax controlled both my moods as well as my behavior. Now I am present and living the very best life I can. What are your thoughts when you think deeply about the possibility of that?

[Le...]

consider how run down and worn out your body is right now?  It takes time an effort to build it back up. 

[Sh...]
18 hours ago, [[v...] said:

@[Sh...] I was on xanax too. Do you think it's possible that the xanax masked the depression for you, for however long you were on it? It did for me - it hid my anxiety, panic attacks and depression. I was numb and wasn't present in my own life. Xanax controlled both my moods as well as my behavior. Now I am present and living the very best life I can. What are your thoughts when you think deeply about the possibility of that?

hey , I was not depressed before Xanax . my friends used to say that I was drunk on life giving I never drank Alcohol in my life . so I don't think that I had a depression to mask and that is what's puzzling me . and it feels that it's chemical because it's doom 24/7 . it has lifted a bit the past day or so . but still . I also have very bad ears pressure like being on the plane all day long . so this means that I am having other issues contributing to depression and Anhedonia . 

[Sh...]
17 hours ago, [[L...] said:

consider how run down and worn out your body is right now?  It takes time an effort to build it back up. 

Absolutely , agree 100% . I can see huge improvement since October 23 , but no where near feeling normal .. there is an inner vibration I cannot explain ... I just wish I could feel calm for a little bit . it happens at bedtime though to a certain extent ... hopefully it lifts up soon for me and all of us . this is hell !! but I remain hopeful 

[vo...]
2 hours ago, [[S...] said:

hey , I was not depressed before Xanax . my friends used to say that I was drunk on life giving I never drank Alcohol in my life . so I don't think that I had a depression to mask and that is what's puzzling me . and it feels that it's chemical because it's doom 24/7 . it has lifted a bit the past day or so . but still . I also have very bad ears pressure like being on the plane all day long . so this means that I am having other issues contributing to depression and Anhedonia . 

Sorry @[Sh...]. I thought that might possibly give you a reason for your depression. For you, it may very well be the xanax itself. Sounds like it.

[Sh...]
31 minutes ago, [[v...] said:

Sorry @[Sh...]. I thought that might possibly give you a reason for your depression. For you, it may very well be the xanax itself. Sounds like it.

thank you @[vo...] I really hope we all turn a corner sooner than later . feels like we are missing out on life . I already lost almost a year of my life and I hope I don't lose much more of our precious time on earth . 

• Love 1