Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

At the end of my rope

[it...]

I get off benzos ( didnt use them everyday) and lamictal which i used for 4 months, 11 months ago. I think my receptors are damaged. I have this adrenaline/cortisol all day long in my body, from this i get scalp pain, dpdr, nerve sensations, lots of anxiety everything is to overwehlmed for my brain. I have been put on propranolol but idk. I uaed LDN but made my sound sensivity and dpdr much worse. I think about ketamine therapy for fixing my nmda receptors and anxiety. But people say the effects are not lasting. What is your meaning?

[vo...]

@[it...] Propranolol did nothing for me either. Neither did any of the other beta blockers. If you've given it enough time to work, maybe time to try something else. Or just endure. I've had the symptoms you are having but over the last 3 or 4 weeks, those particular symptoms have slowly gone away, all but the sound sensation. It's becoming less and less, but it still causes me to be irritable, swearing at the birds chirping which pierces my ears and the cars going by which sound very loud. It's getting better though. I know it will at some point, go away too.

[Ma...]

Have you tried the basics like Lavender tea, meditation, exercise? It’s probably a stupid question, but if you have has it been consistent, repetitive?

What about brain exercises? I’m sitting in bed using my left hand to draw “l” over and over-like a demented person.

I tried coloring mandella’s yesterday-something I enjoyed 3 months ago-and could hardly stay within the lines.

For me it’s deconditioning. My brain isn’t used to working like a normal human.

Sometimes the basics, the most elementary is what we need to turn to.

BTW, I woke up yesterday catatonic. It terrified me but pushed myself to go to the Farmers Market where I had do/dr on steroids. Today I have rolling panic and complete excitability. My brain misfires constantly. Just reminding you that all of our brains are doing their job. Maybe relax into it and leave it alone?

[Pa...]

Hi @[it...], I agree, your receptors are probably damaged but I believe they're still in the process of healing, so I'm not sure I'd throw more chemicals into the mix just yet.  I like what @[Ma...] and @[vo...] had to say, maybe work on accepting that what you're dealing with is a normal part of recovery and perhaps endure just a bit longer but if you need to take action, maybe something a little less drastic than ketamine.  What do you do for distraction? 

• Like 1

[it...]
14 hours ago, [[P...] said:

Hi @[it...], I agree, your receptors are probably damaged but I believe they're still in the process of healing, so I'm not sure I'd throw more chemicals into the mix just yet.  I like what @[Ma...] and @[vo...] had to say, maybe work on accepting that what you're dealing with is a normal part of recovery and perhaps endure just a bit longer but if you need to take action, maybe something a little less drastic than ketamine.  What do you do for distraction? 

I do volutenteers work, what do yoy suggest by little bit drastic then ketamine?

[Pa...]

@[it...], I was thinking about @[Ma...]'s suggestions, allowing your body more time to get balanced before throwing more chemicals at it.  The distraction would be way to survive until that happens. 

[Ma...]

I have to say, jenswanphd told me some time ago that my body was angry. Angry at having toxins, neurotoxins, supplements not needed when labs are normal, processed food and etc…it’s furious and trying to tell me to leave it alone. To trust it.

When I started this process ages ago I was determined to Adapt or Perish, Treat the Symptoms, hit Dr Google 9 hours/day looking for solutions, doing a 7 hour NeuroPsych exam-dear god, the list is long.

My entire system has had it and I finally had to surrender. To stop moving goal posts, being impatient, trying to find answers and just Leave.Everything.Alone.

I need to support my body that has simply been through too, too much. There really is a valid reason behind rest, hydration, clean diet and sunlight, movement as treatment.

Time and patience really is the order of the day.

• Like 2

[PE...]
On 28/07/2024 at 10:58, [[i...] said:

I get off benzos ( didnt use them everyday) and lamictal which i used for 4 months, 11 months ago. I think my receptors are damaged. I have this adrenaline/cortisol all day long in my body, from this i get scalp pain, dpdr, nerve sensations, lots of anxiety everything is to overwehlmed for my brain. I have been put on propranolol but idk. I uaed LDN but made my sound sensivity and dpdr much worse. I think about ketamine therapy for fixing my nmda receptors and anxiety. But people say the effects are not lasting. What is your meaning?

They are right. Ketamine had an direct effects, basically it shut down big parts of the brain and gives instant relief..but at once it out of the system its back to what ever mental state brain was before. 

I searched for year's a way to upgrade gaba receptors..didn’t find any. Only time can heal.

• Like 3

6 hours ago, [[P...] said:

They are right. Ketamine had an direct effects, basically it shut down big parts of the brain and gives instant relief..but at once it out of the system its back to what ever mental state brain was before. 

I searched for year's a way to upgrade gaba receptors..didn’t find any. Only time can heal.

I think this is the unfortunate truth.  Time and the body's/brain's natural ability to self regulate (maintain homeostasis) in absence of additive medicines/drugs/chemicals is what the limiting factor is to getting better.  I think support, stress relief, exercise, health diet, etc are all things that facilitate the body/brain's ability to work it's repair mechanisms and heal.  I think modern medicine has been misguided to think it can manipulate these complex systems with the ease of a pill for the long term benefit.  I think the supplement industry is even more misguided.  We will probably look back at this in awe just as we look back to the days of blood letting.

• Like 1
  • Love 1