Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Mirt Taper Advice

[So...]

Hey guys.. I know a lot of people on benzo wd have also been given mirt and have had a mixed reaction of experiences with it, I won't get into mine, but it has been even worse than benzo withdrawals in a lot of ways.  I've basically been trying to get off of it since I got on it in rehab back January 2023.  I tapered pretty rapidly in the beginning but had to slow down bcuz this drug really had it's claws stuck in me.

I am down to 1mg of it now, and have been holding for almost 3 months bcuz I seem to have triggered acute aka again from the taper/a wave.. Ugh.  I was tapering at a rate of .01mg a day, but I really didn't take any breaks for the past year or hold at all so this caught up with me in a big way.  I think I'll be ready to start tapering in another month or so again and finally finish this- but for anyone who had a hard time getting off and is now successfully off, how did you handle the last MG?  I'm thinking maybe doing .05mg a day or every other day.  Would be grateful for any thoughts 🙏 

Edited by [So...]