Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

I'm afraid to go for a walk

Holly, When all this is over, you will be able to handle anything that life deals you. Having said that I wish you love and happiness abound.

Sweet g I hope you didn't mean me when you said you are too old to deal with this crap  ;) I'm a baby boomer who got caught in this crap by some crappy doctor who didn't give a crap. I've become wiser by discovering that doctors don't know it all, unfortunately a wee bit late. I have a minature gym in my basement and there hangs a punching bag in which I can imagine anyone to be. Doctor who dispense benzos come up often. :pokey:

Hi Holly,

I had agoraphobia the first two months after detox.  It eventually just faded away.  There is nothing you need to do to try to get over it, it will just leave on it's own as time passes.  It sure can be frustrating though.

I'm too young for this... because yeah I am, but there's nothing I can do about it.

Hi Holly

Don't think that way. I know that w/d is hard. You can sit at home and wait to w/d pass and on the other hand maybe you can do something for yourself. There is no scientific proof that anxiety and depression result from chemical imbalance in the brain and that you'll have to take a pill to correct it. But good CBT or some self-help book (so you don't need to go to therapist) can help. That way you can work on your fears.

Take care

Congrats Holly! That was a huge accomplishment I know. I wish my agoraphobia would go away too. I know it will in time, as my symptoms fade. Exposure therapy didn't work for me, I guess because of trouble learning new coping skills due to (temporary) cognitive impairments from the benzos. Hang in there. I wish you a speedy recovery.