Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

When does derealisation go away ?

[S_...]

I constantly feel like I'm in a dream and nothing is real will this go away ? Does anyone else have this ?

[Cr...]

It is very common in withdrawal, and also common during/after periods if heightened anxiety.

For some it can feel present almost all the time and to others it can come and go in spurts.

No one can give you an exact date when it will finally go away. Just do your best to past time. Accept this feeling as a natural part of recovery and learn to live with it. That will help reduce fear.

• Like 2

[On...]

Hi I'm 87 days, and this week have had some windows of feeling more in the world if makes sense.

So it does get better, hang in there. Just try mindfulness, and sensory stuff to bring you back. I find ice/ fans help. 

I've had real increase in dissociation/derealisation during bad times. Also had depersonalization,  and associated with words, products etc.

❤️ 🙏 

• Like 2