Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

How to cope with face numbness and feeling of passing out

[id...]

Today I got face numbness all of a sudden. I think I had that in my acute but I can't remember for sure. Also, tip of the tongue numbness.

I was also sure I'm about to pass out. 

I finally got a long enough broken sleep last night (7 hours vs 2-3 hours a day for the last week) and I'm feeling so fatigued, can barely keep my eyes open. 

So this feeling of fatigue, face numbness and then intense feeling of "I'm about to pass out".

I've passed out many times before (low blood sugar, low iron, unexplained incidents of passing out, concussion) but never because of benzo withdrawal. So I know what it feels like to pass out (plus I've had a few surgeries and know this feeling of brain shutting down). But this feeling today didn't lead to actually passing out but scared me so much, I was in a sheer state of panic. 

I'm home bound and bed bound because moving causes all of the above symptoms. 

What can I do? Just wait? 

I'm listening to health anxiety meditation, I'm in therapy over telehealth but I still can't handle these particular symptoms. Any advice helps.

[Cr...]
3 hours ago, [[i...] said:

What can I do? Just wait? 

Unfortunately that is often all we can do. Fortunately, that is often all we have to do.

If you have had medical tests done and everything is normal, then this is very likely a symptom of recovery from an agitated cns.

3 hours ago, [[i...] said:

But this feeling today didn't lead to actually passing out but scared me so much, I was in a sheer state of panic. 

Often times it is the fear of the symptoms that is a bigger problem than the actual symptoms. Yes, these symptoms can be quite uncomfortable to the point of being frightening, but in the end they are just the sensations/signals from a cns in distress that is undergoing healing. Try to look at the "purpose" of these symptoms in a positive light to help you keep fear at bay.  

You mention about "handling" these symptoms. If handling means trying to think/affirm them away that would be akin to fighting them and giving them more focus. If handling means accepting these symptoms as unwanted house (body) guests and learning to live with them, and their irritating antics, then you will find yourself in a much better position to endure this process. 

All fear does is bring about your own natural anxiety which may enhance the symptoms and lower your ability to cope with them. Just remember, if you can't beat'em, accept'em.

@[id...]Im sorry to hear you are going through this i too suffered this a few weeks ago very strongly it was extremely scary is there any one that could stay with you for a while till it passes it helps knowing that you are not alone, even if you are going through an awful period at this time it does get a bit easier try to relax and and breathe I know it is hard but panicking will make it worse, I also am experiencing severe nausea and am finding it hard to eat try find something that won't upset your stomach, your not alone in this I'm wishing you well 

Distraction. Tv . Solitaire on the phone. YouTube. Meditation and breathing...