Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Grief, loss of a loved one and taper

[An...]

Hey, my uncle passed away yesterday morning, someone who I was extremely close with. I am tapering Valium, I’m not sure if his death has caused me to come out of a wave or I’m in a window atm. I’m at 10mgs and don’t know how I will continue to taper after this? I am extremely depressed, can’t cry, extremely anxious, can’t leave my room eat or talk to anyone 

scared of my next cut 

Edited by [An...]

[Jo...]
11 hours ago, [[A...] said:

Hey, my uncle passed away yesterday morning, someone who I was extremely close with. I am tapering Valium, I’m not sure if his death has caused me to come out of a wave or I’m in a window atm. I’m at 10mgs and don’t know how I will continue to taper after this? I am extremely depressed, can’t cry, extremely anxious, can’t leave my room eat or talk to anyone 

scared of my next cut 

I’m so sorry for the loss of your uncle @[An...] I feel the same way as I lost my Mum 2 weeks ago, I can’t cry, I’m anxious and depressed too, I did a cut 1 week after her death and wish I didn’t coz I’m feeling really bad today, think it all caught up with me. Could you postpone your next cut until you feel better? I’m not doing anymore cuts till after the funeral, I’m now on 0.31mg lorazepam and have been tapering for 18months now and it’s a long slow process 😬

Take care

Edited by [Jo...]

[An...]
Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, [[J...] said:

I’m so sorry for the loss of your uncle @[An...] I feel the same way as I lost my Mum 2 weeks ago, I can’t cry, I’m anxious and depressed too, I did a cut 1 week after her death and wish I didn’t coz I’m feeling really bad today, think it all caught up with me. Could you postpone your next cut until you feel better? I’m not doing anymore cuts till after the funeral, I’m now on 0.31mg lorazepam and have been tapering for 18months now and it’s a long slow process 😬

Take care

Hey! I’m also so sorry too hear about your mum. You are so strong to cut 1 week later, i agree you should wait until after the funeral. I was thinking of taking a month or two how is your appetite ?

Edited by [An...]

[Jo...]
15 minutes ago, [[A...] said:

Hey! I’m also so sorry too hear about your mum. You are so strong to cut 1 week later, i agree you should wait until after the funeral. I was thinking of taking a month or two how is your appetite ?

Thank you and I shouldn’t have made that cut, I’m just so sick of being on this horrible drug, my appetite hasn’t been that great, all I feel like eating is chocolate 🫣

• Sad 1

[or...]

If I'm not feeling stable, for any reason, I'll continue to hold my present dose.  I've gotten through things I never thought I could, at least that's been true for me.  I'm 16-17 months now into my taper and I so hope you all can hang on, especially to folks here at BB. 

Try to think of your loved ones you've lost and what they would want for you, oregonlady :hug:

• Like 1
  • Love 1

[Jo...]
24 minutes ago, [[o...] said:

If I'm not feeling stable, for any reason, I'll continue to hold my present dose.  I've gotten through things I never thought I could, at least that's been true for me.  I'm 16-17 months now into my taper and I so hope you all can hang on, especially to folks here at BB. 

Try to think of your loved ones you've lost and what they would want for you, oregonlady :hug:

Hi @[or...] I’ll be holding till I feel more stable, the funeral has caused all kinds of issues with my split family 😬 All my mum wanted for me was to be healed and happy.

Thanks for your kind words ❤️

• Like 1

[An...]
On 27/07/2024 at 23:35, [[J...] said:

Hi @[or...] I’ll be holding till I feel more stable, the funeral has caused all kinds of issues with my split family 😬 All my mum wanted for me was to be healed and happy.

Thanks for your kind words ❤️

Jonty you are so inspirational and strong I hope everything is well 

• Like 1