Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

9 months out healed except insomnia.

[PE...]

[PE...]

Hi buddy's :classic_smile:

I been in the same state for months now slowly progress, and the only thing i have left is problem falling asleep. I use thc for that 50/50 of nights.

For you that don't know my story i had my bad time last year mostly trying to stabilize, taper and all that mess. Short story i never did and finally did a CT 9 months ago. At the time my doses went up and down from tiny to huge, different benzos for that whole year. I totally abused it and that made me VERY tolerant. So much it wasn't possible to taper.

The acute phase of the withdrawal was very intense, to say the least 😆😁☺️ it got better at the 3 months mark. My symptoms was all the usual mental stuff pluss devastating akathisia and vomiting. That was over with at 3 months. I lost some weight like many others. 

My withdrawal was linear with no waves or windows. I also had zero pain through out the whole thing.

For six months or so I used quentapine and mirtazapine. I stopped those a few weeks ago. These are strange medication..I don't know if they did anything for me. I think it helped with nassua/vomiting but I'm really not sure. I had no problem getting of them.

What helped me is hard gymming. I also eat very healthy and don't use alcohol more than one/two beers like once a month. 

I probably will feel better than I do right now.. I mean where's the limit? But i really cant complain on my mental state right now 😊😊😁. This is the first summer in 3 years i been outside. I was totally housebound last year.

I been ready to post this over the past couple of months but wasn't sure what to write.. I'm also a example this thing doesn't need to take years.

Take care buddies..

• Like 7
  • Love 10

[Cr...]

I am so glad you decided to share your recovery story @[PE...]. It is good to have examples of members that recovered relatively quickly for reference when other buddies ask if it is possible to heal a lot in a short period of time.

Would I be correct in assuming you are in the slutspurt phase of your recovery?:laugh:

• Like 2

[Pa...]

Hey @[PE...], I'm happy to know you've improved so much, I know it was rough but all through it you've done your best to be positive and encourage your buddies. 

Sleep has never been my best subject either so I've pretty much returned to the state I was in when I first asked for Klonopin from my doctor.  The difference now is, II don't sweat it, a little insomnia is nothing compared to this nightmare. 

• Like 5

[pi...]

@[PE...],

What a transformation! I’m sure you have great pleasure getting out of the house and engaging in life once again. I’m very happy your recovery went so well, although your journey was challenging. Thanks so much for posting this message that will bring encouragement to others. 

• Like 2

[PE...]
15 hours ago, [[C...] said:

I am so glad you decided to share your recovery story @[PE...]. It is good to have examples of members that recovered relatively quickly for reference when other buddies ask if it is possible to heal a lot in a short period of time.

Would I be correct in assuming you are in the slutspurt phase of your recovery?:laugh:

Yes! Like i said it's just some insomnia ar this point. 

[WU...]
3 minutes ago, [[P...] said:

it's just some insomnia ar this point.

Probably all that coffee you are drinking ! 😀

Seriously, good job doing it all in 9 months, like a new baby !

• Haha 1

[PE...]
2 minutes ago, [[W...] said:

Probably all that coffee you are drinking ! 😀

Seriously, good job doing it all in 9 months, like a new baby !

Yes a bb baby ready for life 😆😁

• Like 3

22 hours ago, [[P...] said:

Hi buddy's :classic_smile:

I been in the same state for months now slowly progress, and the only thing i have left is problem falling asleep. I use thc for that 50/50 of nights.

For you that don't know my story i had my bad time last year mostly trying to stabilize, taper and all that mess. Short story i never did and finally did a CT 9 months ago. At the time my doses went up and down from tiny to huge, different benzos for that whole year. I totally abused it and that made me VERY tolerant. So much it wasn't possible to taper.

The acute phase of the withdrawal was very intense, to say the least 😆😁☺️ it got better at the 3 months mark. My symptoms was all the usual mental stuff pluss devastating akathisia and vomiting. That was over with at 3 months. I lost some weight like many others. 

My withdrawal was linear with no waves or windows. I also had zero pain through out the whole thing.

For six months or so I used quentapine and mirtazapine. I stopped those a few weeks ago. These are strange medication..I don't know if they did anything for me. I think it helped with nassua/vomiting but I'm really not sure. I had no problem getting of them.

What helped me is hard gymming. I also eat very healthy and don't use alcohol more than one/two beers like once a month. 

I probably will feel better than I do right now.. I mean where's the limit? But i really cant complain on my mental state right now 😊😊😁. This is the first summer in 3 years i been outside. I was totally housebound last year.

I been ready to post this over the past couple of months but wasn't sure what to write.. I'm also a example this thing doesn't need to take years.

Take care buddies..

Happy for you Peppe.  Hopefully I'll be joining the success club in a few months.

[Go...]

Congratulations!  You have touched many on here, including myself.  Thank you for sharing your story.  We need hope. 

• Love 1

[De...]
On 27/07/2024 at 18:19, [[P...] said:

Yes a bb baby ready for life 😆😁

Oh i am so happy for you!! ❤️❤️❤️

you give me hope that this hell will end soon for me too 🍀

• Love 1

[Jo...]

That’s fantastic @[PE...] so happy for you and an inspiration for us all, you’ve given me so much hope reading this, enjoy the beautiful summer days ☀️

• Love 1