Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

I cant take this anymore, i dont know what to do

[Ra...]

Agua

I went to a detox facility and in one week they take all benzo away cold turkey. 
I remeber having to pace and pace. I would walk around the place non stop because of the horrible restlesness inside. Those were horrible days. It changes. It does seem like forever and you can’t do anything about it. The reality is that it gets better and better but, the suffering, when you are in it is uncomprehendable. Hang in there. It took me till 16 mos for my system to settle down!

ranch

• Like 1

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [...]

• [Le...]

• [Cr...]

• [PE...]

55 minutes ago, [[R...] said:

Agua

I went to a detox facility and in one week they take all benzo away cold turkey. 
I remeber having to pace and pace. I would walk around the place non stop because of the horrible restlesness inside. Those were horrible days. It changes. It does seem like forever and you can’t do anything about it. The reality is that it gets better and better but, the suffering, when you are in it is uncomprehendable. Hang in there. It took me till 16 mos for my system to settle down!

ranch

My issues wont let me go one much longer, i know my time is coming soon, 8 months of worsening since the doses i took 

19 minutes ago, [[P...] said:

@[...], I know you're suffering and I empathize but statements like this are not helpful, in fact, they are harmful.  When we give up, when we believe all hope is gone, we become a self-fulfilling prophecy but we can change our future by believing in it.  You've been given example after example of the suffering other members have endured, some have recovered, some are still going through this but they've all reached out to you to offer you hope, please accept it and change your fate.  

What we know about this process is that most of us recover, we don't know when but we do and at only 8 months from your last benzo, you're still early in the recovery process so please allow your body the time it needs to make you whole again. 

And I try very hard every second but Its behond me. Theres no other person that wants to live my life more than myself 

[ma...]

I agree with Pamster . You should change your attitude . You must be tough , this is a process of life and death many times . To be self absurb is hopeless . Terrible sick people have reached out to you and tryed to give you advice and its like you don't notice it really , and understand what terror they are in. You are able to express a lot . Change attitude !!!

• Like 2
  • Angry 1

2 minutes ago, [[m...] said:

I agree with Pamster . You should change your attitude . You must be tough , this is a process of life and death many times . To be self absurb is hopeless . Terrible sick people have reached out to you and tryed to give you advice and its like you don't notice it really , and understand what terror they are in. You are able to express a lot . Change attitude !!!

Sorry if i'm bothering you or everyone else, not my intention, i never said i"m not able to express a lot, didnt understand this, confrontation makes the issues worse. Not being able to practice advice isnt the same as not noticing advice and the people who gives it 

• Like 2

[Mo...]

I like what you said when you said "no one wants to live life more than myself". Believe me, that right there is going to get you through this! You may not think that we have not suffered terribly and thought we might die like you're thinking, but if you will just keep going and taking the advice from these buddies on here, you will see that you will make it!!:classic_love:

• Like 3

[re...]

We are more resilient than we know.  Life can seem utterly unliveable, but we do live, and this thing that has its claws so deep in you can’t hang on forever—it just can’t.  If you give it a chance, the body gets its own back.  I used to tell myself I was, at any rate, more fortunate than our friend with Parkinson’s, to cite just one example.  I know there is a certain fallacy in the “At least one is better off than X” idea, but, frankly, any port in a storm.  Our friend’s condition was irreversible and was only going to get worse; mine was not, and eventually it got better.  I know how fatuous all this can sound to someone who is in the desperate throes of the benzo ordeal, but do try not to lose hope.  Benzos affect our minds and our thoughts so powerfully that an attitude-adjustment can seem like an insurmountable challenge, but that may be what is necessary, as some people here are suggesting.  Rage actually helped me—rage at my doctors and the whole medical-industrial-pharmaceutical industry.  I got on my bike, despite the pain I was in, and pedalled hard, spewing expletives at them all.  Passing motorists must have thought I was bonkers—well, I was.  Somewhat paradoxically, that is also precisely when it suddenly hit me that I should try to chase down a course in mindfulness meditation.  So, as soon as I got home, that is what I did.  It’s not for everyone, I know, but I swear it helped save *my* life.