Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Need advice

[Mr...]

I’ve been taking 6 mg of clonazepam a day for five years. Without telling my doctor I am now down to zero for 10 days. When I got down to .5 of clonazepam I started taking 10 mg of diazepam for 10 days now. The last two days I dropped down to 7.5 mg of diazepam. I feel great.. should I stop diazepam? I’ve only taken it at bedtime and I don’t abuse it. I have not went through withdrawal when coming off of clonazepam may be a headache and an upset stomach. if I would’ve asked my doctor to help I would’ve been hurting I had to do it on my time. I’ve been reading Ashton Manual. Again my question should I go ahead and stop taking diazepam I’ve only taken it for 10 days 1 at bedtime. The clonazepam is fully out of my system I am now just taking 10 mg of diazepam which I dropped two days ago 7.5 mg it took me five months to come off clonazepam on my own. I have a great positive attitude I want to stop diazepam but years ago I went through seven days of withdrawal and I don't ever want again  thank you God bless I hope I’m posting this in the right section

[je...]

Hi @[Mr...]

Welcome BenzoBuddies!

Well done on eliminating your Clonazepam dose!  If you’ve reduced from 6mg to zero in 5 months with minimal symptoms then you seem to be one of the lucky ones. I would however suggest you go lower on the Diazepam before jumping just to be on the safe side. Usually people jump between 0.5 - 1mg Diazepam. 

I know you said you’ve only been on Diazepam for only 10 days but the factor we consider is your full benzo history and your longterm Clonazepam use might impact your Diazepam use. I would therefore recommend you taper lower and then jump. Your positive attitude will definitely help you and I can see you have great determination. 

• Like 2

[Mr...]

Thank you jelly baby, just your response is very well understood. Thank you for patting me on the back, it means more than you know. Thank you for the response I am very grateful. Once upon a Time years ago I was on 4mg Xanax a day for a year. Got in trouble with the law and went to jail and cut cold turkey. Before I started this journey I knew I couldn’t turn back. I know benzos can be devastating and everybody’s different that’s why I had to reach out before I broke my leg before I jumped. Hopefully one day I can come back on here and help someone. May many blessings come your way. Thank you. 

[je...]

You’re welcome @[Mr...]. Whatever our journey in life, we all understand how much it takes to taper benzo’s. You’ve done really well. 

We just don’t know how you’ll react if you stop the Diazepam right now therefore I think it’s better to be cautious rather than regret jumping too early and having to reinstate. 

• Like 1

[Mr...]

@[je...] I am definitely taking your advice and not taking any chances. Benzo is no joke!! Thank you for reaching out. I wish everyone on this forum the best on their journey.