Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

For those with only right or left sided symptoms, are you right or left handed?

[WU...]

I have only right sided head, neck and shoulder symptoms and I am right-handed. So my dominant side is experiencing all the symptoms. It has always been this way, even when taking the drug which was for right side of neck.

Wondering if others can correlate their right or left handedness with the side of their symptoms? Intrigued why only one side of the body is affected and why/how the drug "knows" to target only one side.

• Like 1

As for me, i'm also right handed and on "pain days", my right side feels worse than the left one, although i can't say my left side is completely pain free. It's been like this since benzo tolerance hit only.

[WU...]

Thanks @[...] just trying to work out if the drug hits our dominant side, not that knowing that gets us out of this mess but interesting to know more. Good you have pain free days, still waiting for one myself.

• Like 1

Thank you, @[WU...], My bad and good days have also been taking turns since tolerance hit, for 4 years... I think it's like you can never tell with this drug...  But i personally find it interesting to search for some logic there too🙂

Sorry you don't have good days yet. I do remember you posted Ian Singleton's saying that we would recover one day eventually completely. I still relisten to it sometimes.

[WU...]

Yes I also listen to Ian Singleton's video quite often. A really calming voice

• Like 1