Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Smallest disagreement with Husband causes overwhelmed

[gu...]

I am wondering if other people have this issue. In the last few days even the smallest disagreement with my husband, triggers, intense, emotional overwhelmed. Does anyone else have this?

• Like 1

[Re...]

Hello @[gu...],

I know this feeling very well and I am sorry this has been happening to you too. My worst experience of this was during the very early days of going through withdrawal. Each time I had smallest disagreement with someone (far from a conflict), I gave a very strong reaction that I never experienced before: I was very overwhelmed (just as you), had elevated heart rate, tightness in chest, anger, etc.
It has proven to be a good solution for me personally to keep away from disagreements that were not absolutely ecessary, of course there were ones I could not avoid (life...). With time this really becomes a lot easier to handle and I learned a lot how to manage these emotions: something I never managed while taking the medication...

• Like 1
  • Love 1

[gu...]

Thanks Ruben. The feelings I have are of such intense pain and overwhelmed over nothing! Thank you for answering.

• Like 1

[Th...]

You are not alone. I have definitely lost my resilience to anxiety and stress because of benzos. I am coming up on 8 months clean and I still have a difficult time recovering from any stressful situation. My brain reverts back to the acute withdrawal phase where I get confused, can't think or formulate words properly, my blood pressure shoots, I overheat, I get extremely fatigued and ache all over. Takes me a week to get back on track after an event. I believe our Central Nervous Systems are just not healed enough yet to be able to calm us down, keep the chemicals in our brains in check and stabilize our bodies. Hopefully we all heal soon! 

• Like 1