Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Any Success Stories in Detox Clinics? High Doses of Benzos, Chronic Fatigue, and Multiple Substances

[he...]

Hello everyone,

I am in a very difficult situation and am seeking success stories from those who have managed to detox from high doses of benzodiazepines in detox clinics. In addition to this, I am dealing with chronic fatigue syndrome, not being able to see screens, listen to music, or even do phone calls. My current medications include Luvox, Diazepam, and Pregabalin. I also have pre-existing OCD, and my symptoms have been stronger than usual.

If you have experienced similar challenges and found success in a detox clinic, I would greatly appreciate hearing about your journey. How did the clinics handle the complex interactions between medications? Any insights or advice would be incredibly valuable as I navigate this difficult process.

Thank you very much.

[Al...]

Hi @[he...]

Everything I've read about detox clinics suggests they should be avoided at all costs. They typically rip you off benzos way too fast and then leave you on additional "comforting" drugs when they discharge you.

[pi...]

@[he...],

I don’t have personal experience with detox centers, but during my years here and research I have not heard very positive results from people who tried this avenue. It is generally nothing more than a cold turkey with adjunct medications added to the mix. Additionally, I don’t think they have the capability to work with your other issues. Sadly, there is still a lack of understanding about the safe and correct way to help people discontinue benzos. 

• Like 2

[Ma...]

You might want to research The Cleveland Clinic.

If you do choose this route make sure they put you on a very slow taper as most, as mentioned above, do not know about tapering and will take you off within 2 weeks, put you in many other meds and discharge you for other patients in need. 

You’ll need to find a residential treatment center, not a psych ward and commit to a lengthy stay. Perhaps there is a knowledgeable place that has inpatient followed by outpatient. Do your research and ask the right questions about their protocols. For example, if they have heard of the Ashton Manual.

Another possibility is finding (you can search here) a place that does NAD treatment.

[Bu...]

My heart goes out to you as I also have chronic fatigue. This makes it so hard to cope with withdrawal

in turn the withdrawal is ruining my body’s ability to cope with the chronic fatigue - this has sent me from self caring to bedbound 

And it is in general hard to keep myself entertained 

One of my worries about detox facilities is if they could cater for your fatigue

All the best in this difficult journey