Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Jump or cut?

[vo...]

Do jump and cut mean the same thing? When I read posts, it seems that they do but I want to be sure. I wish we had a glossary of terms!

[Fa...]

@[vo...]  No, jumping is jumping off the drug completely.  A cut is a percentage drop from your dose.  Does that make sense?

• Like 1

[vo...]
59 minutes ago, [[F...] said:

@[vo...]  No, jumping is jumping off the drug completely.  A cut is a percentage drop from your dose.  Does that make sense?

59 minutes ago, [[F...] said:

Yes, thank you @[Fa...]. I guess I'm just being forgetful. 

[On...]

Yeah my jumping off point is ingrained. Never hope to cut or go through this hell again. X

[Cr...]
22 hours ago, [[v...] said:

Yes, thank you @[Fa...]. I guess I'm just being forgetful. 

You may also be thinking of "jumping" as in going from one dose to the next without a taper rate/plan in mind or even updosing. I am sure some members have wrongfully used that term before.

"I jumped from 10mg to 2 mgs of Valium over night!"

"After my setback, I needed to jump up 10 mgs to stabilize"

@[Fa...] is right though. Generally "cuts" are for tapering and "jumps" are for stopping (final dose of taper, or cold turkey). I have seem people use "jump" for "cuts", but never the other way around. ("I cut from .25 mg to 0" doesn't sound right)

• Like 1