Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Anyone from Norway? Knekkebrod

[vo...]

[vo...]

I just tried "Norweign crispbread" from Trader Joe's here in the U.S. and it's delicious! Wasn't sure what to put on it but found that cottage cheese is good with it! Mixed some horseradish into the cottage cheese and this is quite a delicious snack! Just looking to see if someone can suggest anything else to put on crispbread...

• 4 weeks later...

Hi, @[No...], and welcome to BenzoBuddies:classic_smile: Oh! Norway must be such a beautiful country!

I guess @[vo...] will join in and listen to what you can share about knekkebrod.

Please feel free to start a new thread of your own if need be. Good luck!

• Like 2

@[No...] Thanks!  Maybe you can suggest some other things to put on it besides cottage cheese? It sure does add fiber to my diet! I don't need to take anything for constipation any longer! lol.

Hi voluntas, I am very happy to read that your constipation is better with your diet 🥰 I am still struggling with diarrhea/constipation and have just started a ketogenic/low FOODMAP diet. Fingers crossed it will have a positive effect on my digestive issues.

As for the crispbread, I had to google the one you are eating as we have lots of different types here in Norway. Yours looks nice, and gluten free...? 😊

When it comes to toppings, we use crispbread in the same way as bread. So we put on the same toppings as if it was a sandwich, for example cheese, fish, liver pate, ham or cured sausage and some salad or cucumber on top. Sometimes I use avocados, mozzarella cheese, tomatoes, basil and salt and pepper, like an Italian Caprese.

It is also common to eat crispbread with sweet toppings such as jam and "brunost", a Norwegian sweet brown cheese. I guess it's hard to find brown cheese in the US, unless you live in one of the "Scandinavian" states up north, maybe you can find some American-Norwegian store there? But I guess a lot of sugar with a benzo belly is a bad combination anyway…? 🤷🏼‍♀️

After starting my new diet, I actually put cottage cheese on my crispbread myself 😅

Edited by [No...]