Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Will I ever get restorative sleep again?

[Ca...]

Hi Buddies, 

I am 15 and a half months off of Klonopin and currently in a severe setback caused by getting off of methylphenidate and Propanolol (my last meds, so I am medication free right now) before my setback I was already quite improved and felt so much closer to soon being healed (some call it phase 4) I felt so close to my old self.

But the only symptom that is lingering like hell, every single day, now in my setback even much more severe, is having absolutely no restorative sleep,  even if I slept long enough.... not even one day of restorativesleep ever since I was put on benzos!!!! Never!!!!... I always wake up as if I hadn't slept enough or not all 24/7! I sleep 6 to 8 hours every day. But never any restorative sleep, not even a bit of it!!!. At the moment my fatigue is super bad again since I am in this setback. I also constantly have those nasty toxic naps that make the fatigueso much worse! I AM 80% bedridden since setback again... almost as bad as acute if not just as bad

Will I ever get restorative sleep again? I already have this every day symptom for so long (more than 16 months), since I was on the stuff. It ruins my mental health, my physical health, my looks, my hair, my skin, just everything!

How long did it take for you to get restorative sleep back? 

I strongly feel like if I get restorative sleep back I might finally be healed

Edited by [Ca...]

[Le...]

in a word Yes and sooner the quicker you accept you will heal. its not all drug effects. the situation you are in would make any person unable to sleep. 

• Like 2

[gl...]

Yes, you will. You've got to trust yourself, that's very important. You need to know you are in a healing process and you'll get through. I've got through! I'm off after 20 years. Meditation and yoga were key to my recovery. I was very patient and knew I had to endure some pain and change. Some nights I don't sleep, and I don't care: I know I will sleep the night after. Insomnia is normal when you are normal. I practice my breathing techniques and am calm, thinking I'll be fine. You will. Make it your will. Sending strength.

• Love 2

[Re...]
6 hours ago, [[C...] said:

Hi Buddies, 

I am 15 and a half months off of Klonopin and currently in a severe setback caused by getting off of methylphenidate and Propanolol (my last meds, so I am medication free right now) before my setback I was already quite improved and felt so much closer to soon being healed (some call it phase 4) I felt so close to my old self.

But the only symptom that is lingering like hell, every single day, now in my setback even much more severe, is having absolutely no restorative sleep,  even if I slept long enough.... not even one day of restorativesleep ever since I was put on benzos!!!! Never!!!!... I always wake up as if I hadn't slept enough or not all 24/7! I sleep 6 to 8 hours every day. But never any restorative sleep, not even a bit of it!!!. At the moment my fatigue is super bad again since I am in this setback. I also constantly have those nasty toxic naps that make the fatigueso much worse! I AM 80% bedridden since setback again... almost as bad as acute if not just as bad

Will I ever get restorative sleep again? I already have this every day symptom for so long (more than 16 months), since I was on the stuff. It ruins my mental health, my physical health, my looks, my hair, my skin, just everything!

The fatigue can be brutal. People count their time from the last med they took so technically you could be very early on in the total healing process. I had a terrible second withdrawal from the "comfort meds" given for benzo wd too so I understand your pain. I don't nap yet but I have napped three times over the last year or so since being off of everything. I am still vibrating, burning and ears are ringing so napping is a stretch. I sleep too but I am always tired. I think the stress and trauma does that.

• Like 1

[Bu...]

I’m seven weeks into zopiclone CT and have started to get some  stretches of restorative sleep, unpredictably. It is possible. 

I was previously getting 6 hours toxic sleep at night - utterly exhausting. less sleep this week but better t times as some of it has been restorative. 

like you, I am thinking that if I get regular restorative sleep, then I can start to make it out of this hell and back to life. I’m also bedridden with fatigue

try reading the success stories for return of restorative sleep- makes me feel better

Good luck to both of us :-)

• Like 1

[Bu...]
16 hours ago, [[C...] said:

Hi Buddies, 

I’m praying my bedridden phase will stop soon. Five weeks so far. How long did your acute phase last?

[Ca...]
Posted (edited)

My acute lasted about 10 weeks. I was nearly 100% bedridden at that time. Then it slowly improved! I was able to stay up longer last winter at about 9 months off. By then I maybe had to rest only 1 or 2 times a day on good days to get throughthe day! That was a huge improvement for me. I am mostly bedridden eversince methylphenidate and Propanolol again. I hardly manage to stay up for 3 to 4 hours in the morning to do my routine around the house and my pets and then I need to lay myself down and hardly get up again with bad toxic naps! It's a torture. If I lay down I often don't even feel too bad if I am not in a peak... but just can't get and stay up. Then I feel how severely fatigued I am. The whole body feels so heavy and exhausted. The mind, too. That's so stupid!

Edited by [Ca...]

[Bu...]

Thanks so much for your post 

I REALLY needed this ray of hope

what you are describing sounds exactly like what I’m going through 

if there is a precedent for this only lasting another three weeks and then me gaining some strength back this makes all the difference to my sense of hope for the future. Most people on here seem much healthier than me so hearing about an improvement in a case similar to mine is so important. 

I am really sorry for your recent setback however. 

My body always feels broken and beyond exhaustion, my mind feels variable depending on how bad the night has been and whether I’ve had any chemical anxiety. 

if I ever get through this I will be the most grateful person on the planet

2 hours ago, [[C...] said:

My acute lasted about 10 weeks. I was nearly 100% bedridden at that time. Then it slowly improved! I was able to stay up longer last winter at about 9 months off. By then I maybe had to rest only 1 or 2 times a day on good days to get throughthe day! That was a huge improvement for me. I am mostly bedridden eversince methylphenidate and Propanolol again. I hardly manage to stay up for 3 to 4 hours in the morning to do my routine around the house and my pets and then I need to lay myself down and hardly get up again with bad toxic naps! It's a torture. If I lay down I often don't even feel too bad if I am not in a peak... but just can't get and stay up. Then I feel how severely fatigued I am. The whole body feels so heavy and exhausted. The mind, too. That's so stupid!

• Like 1

[Ca...]

@Bunny you will get through it! I promise! You will definately get better and somewhen heal! Only no one can tell you exactly how long it will take! You are not damaged forever! BIND is so much of an up and down thing.