Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Getting crazy?

[Kr...]

Hello guys. 

When I go to sleep and wake up during the night I feel like I’m dying and without conscience. It’s like I’m not here but I am…

I am afraid this is a signal that I’m getting crazy. Anyone had this feeling? Than, when I wake up, it gets better 

[pi...]

Hello @[Kr...],

Its hard to comprehend the weird and strange symptoms that come during withdrawal and recovery. I never had panic or anxiety until I was put on benzos, went into tolerance and withdrawal. What you experienced sounds like something that happened to me. It was like a nocturnal panic attack. Like you, I felt better when I got up. One thing that helped was some controlled belly breathing exercises. That and telling myself that this symptom could not hurt me.

No, you are not going crazy, it’s just a crazy symptom. 

[Kr...]
7 minutes ago, [[p...] said:

Hello @[Kr...],

Its hard to comprehend the weird and strange symptoms that come during withdrawal and recovery. I never had panic or anxiety until I was put on benzos, went into tolerance and withdrawal. What you experienced sounds like something that happened to me. It was like a nocturnal panic attack. Like you, I felt better when I got up. One thing that helped was some controlled belly breathing exercises. That and telling myself that this symptom could not hurt me.

Thanks!! I think at this point I just need reassurance and strenght to keep fighting this feelings. 3 months and a half off almost

[pi...]
1 minute ago, [[K...] said:

Thanks!! I think at this point I just need reassurance and strenght to keep fighting this feelings. 3 months and a half off almost

You are that far away from benzos, that is a good thing. Remember that it’s still early days for you. I was really symptomatic at that time. You have the strength but  I would suggest not fighting it. Acceptance and patience, believing your cns will find balance again was really vital for me. Let the symptoms be there until they are not. You’ll get there! 

[Lu...]

I ABSOLUTELY know what you mean and have had this exact feeling many many nights throughout my recovery from benzos. You worded the sensation exactly as I have tried to describe it to others. I believe it is a mix of extreme stress/anxiety and depersonalization. Sometimes it will happen in the day a bit as well if I day dream or dissociate while listening to music or something but far less intense than when I wake from a dead sleep. We are aware of the sensation and how abnormal it is while it’s happening so I do not believe it is psychosis. It comes and goes, it definitely happens less and less as I heal. But worry not friend, we will be just fine. :)

[Bu...]
2 hours ago, [[p...] said:

Hello @[Kr...],

I agree. In my sleepy state I can get very confused indeed over the last three weeks, especially when waking up. I had two normal wake ups this week - hooray! 
I done have as much patience as I used to and sometyse to lack self control over food and waiting my turn

Benzo withdrawal has such effects on the brain and personality it’s crazy

I just keep trying to accept what is happening without fear as much as possible 

it is however horrible 

good luck to all of us :-)

[ce...]
8 hours ago, [[K...] said:

Hello guys. 

When I go to sleep and wake up during the night I feel like I’m dying and without conscience. It’s like I’m not here but I am…

I am afraid this is a signal that I’m getting crazy. Anyone had this feeling? Than, when I wake up, it gets better 

Hi @[Kr...] tkae a look a this recent post. it might answer your questions.

[ch...]

iv had this feeling earlier on in my withdrawal among many over symptoms that made me question my sanity lol your not going  crazy its just withdrawal , just keep pushing on ! 

[ce...]
1 hour ago, [[c...] said:

iv had this feeling earlier on in my withdrawal among many over symptoms that made me question my sanity lol your not going  crazy its just withdrawal , just keep pushing on ! 

I told my therapist about that symptoms that is must be the closest thing to go insane that you can experience.

[Mo...]

Absolutely! I was wondering if that happened to a lot of others.  Of course, I can have some good windows or bad waves during the day, but it is scary when that 'doom and gloom' feeling comes at night. I am realizing now that it is not real and will pass. Yes, this poison can cause a lot of weird sensations and thoughts, but I try to remember those thoughts and feelings aren't going to hurt me and are temporary.

[My...]

Has anyone had pain and numbness when sitting for any length of time? Also bladder pain?