Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Reassurance please

[Mi...]
4 hours ago, [[v...] said:

@[Mi...] You are very intuitive about what you see people posting and commenting. Everybody seems to take a different path through this process. I will say that I am 13 mos. into withdrawal and I've never had a window that I know of. I tapered in 2 weeks because I was unaware at the time, of the dangers of a rapid taper. I just wanted off benzos. Throughout the day my symptoms either go up or down. For some reason I'm fortunate that they aren't horrible first thing in the morning - I like to go to the gym and I just try to ignore whatever symptoms I have going on at that time. There are days I just can't go because the symptoms are intolerable. That distraction does a world of good for me. 

I don't generally talk about my symptoms unless I'm letting someone know that I'm experiencing the same symptoms they are and I don't try to dwell on them as I find it only magnifies them. If they want to read my symptoms, they can go to my profile. That's what works best for me. Distraction of any kind 24/7, works best for me and I read on BB it works for others as well. Someone on BB commented that no two snowflakes are alike and neither are we, through this process of withdrawal and I thought that was a perfect analogy.

There are many things which have impact on the level of suffering, like contact with benzo in the past, age, unfortunate kindling effect....some others for sure too. I'm very sorry that you still have to suffer with symptoms but on the other side you are lucky you can go to gym (even sometimes). That is different level of suffering comparing with what my wife is having...since april 2023. Distraction, although she is trying it as much as she can, does not help with such severe pain. Anyway, it is still unbelievable for me, what people have to go through because of wrong diagnoses (in many cases) and so easily prescription of such a dangerous meds...

• Like 2

[WU...]
6 minutes ago, [[M...] said:

so easily prescription of such a dangerous meds

Yes indeed, it is quite unbelievable.  

• 2 weeks later...

Pickle Purr, how are doing now? Really hoping that maybe something changed for better....