Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Extreme Depression

[Pa...]

How long the depression for you guys last in Withdrawal? I am nearly 7 months in Withdrawal but the depression is still ugly. Not as Bad like in the beginning.

[jo...]

One of my worst symptoms. It comes and goes but can sometimes stick around for a while. Brutal. The Ashton manual says that 6-12 months on average. For some it goes sooner, some later. Some don't get it at all and for most it appears a couple of months or so in. It did for me.

[Pa...]
11 minutes ago, [[j...] said:

One of my worst symptoms. It comes and goes but can sometimes stick around for a while. Brutal. The Ashton manual says that 6-12 months on average. For some it goes sooner, some later. Some don't get it at all and for most it appears a couple of months or so in. It did for me.

Thx jon for your answer. Ya it is brutal

1 hour ago, [[P...] said:

How long the depression for you guys last in Withdrawal? I am nearly 7 months in Withdrawal but the depression is still ugly. Not as Bad like in the beginning.

@[Pa...]im sorry you are feeling depressed are you totally off the benzodiazepine or coming off ? I’m tapering with a big cut this month (before I did any research) and severely depressed. Wondering the same thing 

[jo...]

I've started mirtazapine for sleep, depression etc. I found that since I started my depression has let up a bit. Could just be coincidence I'm onl on a low dose.

3 minutes ago, [[P...] said:

@[...]Yes complete off since more then 7 months. I take mirtazapine for the Depression but still severe. 

@[Pa...] 7 months is an incredible accomplishment, I hope you find pride in that, if not happiness - yet.  I am at the beginning of my tapering with what looks like 6-7 months until completion, I pray the depression lifts for you soon. 

[jo...]
32 minutes ago, [[j...] said:

I've started mirtazapine for sleep, depression etc. I found that since I started my depression has let up a bit. Could just be coincidence I'm onl on a low dose.

I think its possibly being masked by start up effects of AD maybe.

Edited by [jo...]

[Pa...]
39 minutes ago, [[j...] said:

Yeah without the Mirt my whole Brain is in hyper mode. It getting better very very slow but damn. I only took it Xanax for 6 months 1mg, but the damage is crazy. It is no fun when your whole body is in Hypermode 24/7

• Like 1

[jo...]
18 minutes ago, [[P...] said:

Yeah without the Mirt my whole Brain is in hyper mode. It getting better very very slow but damn. I only took it Xanax for 6 months 1mg, but the damage is crazy. It is no fun when your whole body is in Hypermode 24/7

Yeah it can get rough that's for sure. Have you had any windows or are you someone who improves steadily.

36 minutes ago, [[P...] said:

Thx a lot for your words. How long you took the Benzos? And how is your taper plan?

Hi @[Pa...] I was perscribed .5 Ativan 3 times a day but only took .5 at night not knowing what it was doing to me, over the year I got progressively sick and lost weight when I realized it was the Ativan. Realized this a year in - did a 50% reduction in Ativan this month from .5 to .25 then a switch to 2.5 Valium to begin to taper - currently holding at 2.5 till I stabilize to begin -  trying to work with Nicole Lamberson and my psychiatrist to figure out a taper plan if it will be Ashton or Maudsley - any advice from someone who’s done it I would love to hear - I’m very much in despair I had no idea I was poisoning my body by following doctors orders

[Pa...]
29 minutes ago, [[j...] said:

Yeah it can get rough that's for sure. Have you had any windows or are you someone who improves steadily.

I would say it improves very slow steadily but i had more waves then windows. I hab i window for 2 weeks were i almost forget about Withdrawal, but since 2-3 weeks since i hit the 6 months mark a huge Wave run me over.

[jo...]
1 minute ago, [[P...] said:

I would say it improves very slow steadily but i had more waves then windows. I hab i window for 2 weeks were i almost forget about Withdrawal, but since 2-3 weeks since i hit the 6 months mark a huge Wave run me over.

Sounds similar to me.

[Ki...]

I am currently 2 years off and this is one of my worst symptoms so I understand your pain. It can be absolutely brutal, especially when you’ve not experienced depression before medication. Not to say yours will last that long, in most cases it doesn’t but I am also wondering when it will let up. Hopefully it won’t be long before you see improvements. How long were you on for?

[Pa...]
15 minutes ago, [[K...] said:

I am currently 2 years off and this is one of my worst symptoms so I understand your pain. It can be absolutely brutal, especially when you’ve not experienced depression before medication. Not to say yours will last that long, in most cases it doesn’t but I am also wondering when it will let up. Hopefully it won’t be long before you see improvements. How long were you on for?

I was on Xanax for 6 months, and off since

7-8 months. Then i start taking a GABA supplement cause i read it helps Benzo Withdrawal a lot. I took it for 3 months a it was a huge relief then i quit that cold turkey and since then pure withdrawal hell. I am back on GABA und try to stabilize and then do a taper of GABA. I guess my CNS was still a bit shaky from Benzo Withdrawal and the GABA wd make it even worst.

51 minutes ago, [[P...] said:

Do it very very slowly if you can, and never listen never loose hope. We all Heal but we never know how fast.

Thank you @[Pa...] praying for your continued healing you are not alone. 

[vo...]
2 hours ago, [[P...] said:

Do it very very slowly if you can, and never listen never loose hope. We all Heal but we never know how fast.

@[Pa...] I used all my "like" emotions so I just stopped in to tell you I love your positivity!

[On...]

Done on your achievement, 7 months is amazing 👏 🤩 

Can imagine the high anxiety etc, leads to this. I'm on an antidepressant duloxetine, 85 days in, benzo free , can't say I'll come off anytime soon.

Hope you can act opposite, do self care, nice things even though you don't feel like it. 

🙏 🤲 

[Pa...]
2 hours ago, [[P...] said:

I was on Xanax for 6 months, and off since

7-8 months. Then i start taking a GABA supplement cause i read it helps Benzo Withdrawal a lot. I took it for 3 months a it was a huge relief then i quit that cold turkey and since then pure withdrawal hell. I am back on GABA und try to stabilize and then do a taper of GABA. I guess my CNS was still a bit shaky from Benzo Withdrawal and the GABA wd make it even worst.

Hi @[Pa...], thank you for including this information, I’ve read of members using GABA supplements but didn’t know if they did any good, its helpful to know yours did but kind of scary to see there is a downside.

I’ve felt the darkness you’re enduring and its scary, I’m glad to see you’re reaching out asking for support, this is a healthy sign, keep up the good work. 

[Pa...]
10 hours ago, [[v...] said:

@[Pa...] I used all my "like" emotions so I just stopped in to tell you I love your positivity!

@[vo...]The human body is made for be healthy so it repairs himself. I guess the only Chance we have is try to stay positive, but i know its hard. Lets spread love, we all in the same boat. 

[vo...]
34 minutes ago, [[P...] said:

@[vo...]The human body is made for be healthy so it repairs himself. I guess the only Chance we have is try to stay positive, but i know its hard. Lets spread love, we all in the same boat. 

Thanks @[Pa...] lol. I was referring to the little heart that we click on to "like" a post or comment. I try to never post or reply to any comment with negativity. But thank you!

Edited by [vo...]

[Pa...]
On 24/07/2024 at 20:30, [[j...] said:

I complete forget about it, do you have sweating and chills in your Withdrawal?