Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Important – Comments for ASAM Benzo guidelines- Disability extension 7/26

[Bo...]

If anyone wasn’t able to make a submission for the ASM guidelines… Shoot me a message with a little bit of your story(non-emotional, facts as best you can), and I will make a submission on your behalf. 
Need as many comments as possible and they gave an extension for those that are disabled for this Friday… So that’s how I’m able to make my submission and will do any others for anybody else here struggling.

Here is a video by Angie Peacock explaining but if it’s too hard to listen to, the main idea is to give your background on your (benzos) story, what you wish would’ve happened (informed consents, not being sent to detox, not rapidly tapered, been told these meds are not for long-term use, been told various taper options etc. etc.) 

I’ve been through the document and made comments that I am going to work on submitting today… I will then alter these for your submission, but do need your background a bit and an email address if you’d like to be identified in your name or you can make up an alias.

If you can send me by tomorrow night(Thursday here in the US), that would be great and I will submit Friday. 

if you feel capable of commenting on your own, here is the link that is still valid for extension for disability for Friday the 26th…this is the last chance.

https://www.research.net/r/BZD_Access

And here is Angie‘s video that is helpful on what to focus on.