Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

One side body numbness

[aa...]

Hello do everyone who has had one side body numbness weakness muscle issues ever heal? Am 28 months of cold turkey n see no improvement or any window pretty much disabled.  Am hopless anymore. 

[fl...]

I too have muscle issues in one side - my right had side between my diaphragm and hip.  It does move around but that is where it is most concentrated.  Severe muscle contractions with a burning sensation.  The main concern is that I am now 46 months off benzos and am still hurting so bad. 

The usual story as described by many Benzo Buddies.  My number one issue, from when I quit, was always muscles/joint pain.  When I quite, the pain started in my right foot and leg and then with time it moved to my hip and the to my lower lumbar back. 

I did have some windows and every time was thinking I was healed but the pain always returned. 

I really did think I was over it a few months ago as my pain levels had come down quite a bit and I had consistent relief (not gone by any means but enough to feel that I was healing).  Now I am back in a severe wave with intense pain again. 

Don't know how long this will last.  Previous waves have lasted months.

Hope you feel better soon.

[Le...]

how extreme is it?  lots of people have one sided issues like that including me but seems you are talking about something more extreme. 

[aa...]
3 hours ago, [[L...] said:

how extreme is it?  lots of people have one sided issues like that including me but seems you are talking about something more extreme. 

Yes it's always numb week lik stroke but doctors didn't find a stroke.  I look vert normal outside but one side I feel paralysed n weak. It's 28 months off cold turkey klonopin and antidepressant.  I can't handle this sorry

[Le...]

i cted those too and still have some numbness on left face. not as extreme as you i think. 

[fa...]
19 hours ago, [[f...] said:

I too have muscle issues in one side - my right had side between my diaphragm and hip.  It does move around but that is where it is most concentrated.  Severe muscle contractions with a burning sensation.  The main concern is that I am now 46 months off benzos and am still hurting so bad. 

The usual story as described by many Benzo Buddies.  My number one issue, from when I quit, was always muscles/joint pain.  When I quite, the pain started in my right foot and leg and then with time it moved to my hip and the to my lower lumbar back. 

I did have some windows and every time was thinking I was healed but the pain always returned. 

I really did think I was over it a few months ago as my pain levels had come down quite a bit and I had consistent relief (not gone by any means but enough to feel that I was healing).  Now I am back in a severe wave with intense pain again. 

Don't know how long this will last.  Previous waves have lasted months.

Hope you feel better soon.

How long are your windows now if I might ask

[fl...]

The last real window was several months ago - maybe lasted a few days but my "windows" are where I am not in nasty pain - if the pain subsides to more moderate or very light then I call that a window.

[Bo...]

I have numbness in my right arm and hand. Very difficult to write. I am happy to hear its a withdrawal symptom. I thought I had a stroke. I had a stroke last year hence the lorazepam for the anxiety. This site helped me a lot because I found that all my issues are withdrawal related and not life threatening. Calmed me a lot. 

• Like 1