Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Reinstate

Was forced by hospital to discontinue at .08 mg after tapering for six months. I discontinued about 40 days ago.  Going through acute withdraws. I have been getting great help from Libertas but am looking for more opinions. Libertas thinks it may be best to reinstate. Im so sick of this klonopin crap I hate to give up. I know how to micro taper. Any opinions appreciated.  

[Li...]

@[...] Might I add a clarification?  I did not say it would be best to reinstate.  I said it was worth consideration under certain conditions.

Posted (edited)

Understood.  Its a big decision i am facing. 

Edited by [...]
  • Like 1

[Li...]

Given that you’re looking for a variety of opinions on this topic, might I suggest that you post your question on this forum:

Benzodiazepine Withdrawal, Use & Recovery

It gets more traffic than our Tapering Strategies forum.

For example, here’s a currently active thread on this topic:

To reinstate or not

When reading responses, I find it helpful to learn a bit about the poster’s tapering and med use history, including the length of time between cessation and reinstatement.

Maybe im overthinking this.   Ugh.  Just not sure which way to go. I imagine i will still suffer even reinstating, maybe not just as much. I respect your opinion just wanted to know what a few others thought. 

[Li...]

It’s AOK to seek opinions from others, @[...]. Just try not to fall into the trap of paralysis by analysis.  More often than we’d like, we just have to go with what our gut is telling us.  

Fyi I quit cold turkey after both my PCP and pharmacist told me  “You’re on a baby dose. You can just quit.”  All heck broke loose. I was suffering horribly and non-functional.  I reinstated after about 3 weeks. Reinstating was the right decision … for me.

• Like 1

[Pa...]

This thread has been moved to Benzodiazepine Withdrawal, Use & Recovery. 

• Like 1

Its the hardest decision of all, so many variables and unpredictability. I just couldnt decide