Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

PVCs, NSVT, etc.

[ne...]

PVCs, NSVT, etc.

This may be a bit redundant but trying to gain some clarity. I had a very brief bout of PVCs years ago that went away permanently within months and no treatment. No big deal. Very mild and way before benzo use.

Right when I hit tolerance and came off quickly, I started getting violent PVCs and a run of NSVT. I have been checked out but my question, if anyone has a hunch, is WHY these happen with this issue? If ablations work for this issue when the burden is high enough, how is this a nervous system issue which I also know can be the case? If ablations fix something in the heart nerve wise then is this a nervous system imabalance from the brain like BIND or something to be corrected with the heart or what? Perhaps the imbalance? I try to take steps to decrease them but truly, like all my symptoms, they are ever present and have a mind of their own. Stress of course makes it all worse.

I'm not looking for absolutes but would love clarity into why these might be occurring post benzo. I seem to be able to accept better and deal when I have reasons even if they're just best guesses. I get very little back from the doctor of course because the cardiologist literally chucked and let me know benzos would never cause this. I've Googled and researched but I still wind up confused. Anyone? Thank you.

[He...]

Ablations don’t necessarily “fix a nerve”. It’s actually the opposite. You’re destroying/scaring the nerve which will then break up, or stop the irregular heartbeats. 

the nervous system is in havoc.  What an electrophysiologist does is weight the risks and benefits of destroying that connection for a better quality of life. 

your cardiologist is an idiot. They’re not a psychiatrist, understandably they wouldn’t do much research into links between benzo use and conductivity. However, a good doctor with a patient presenting as you are would take a couple hours and read a bit. Tell them this. They should be embarrassed. I would find a new one. There are many papers published associated with benzo use and conductivity. 

Stress is proven to change rhythm, firing, conductivity. So, one could easily conclude the medicine that controls it, and also makes it worse (by eliminating it) , would as well. 

there is no money in fixing us. We are a problem the health system wants to be rid of. You need to learn to advocate for yourself and bring evidence in and put the doctor in a position where they then become personally liable for not looking into your situation until you are satisfied. 

cardiac ablations are not at all risk free and in some cases require a pace maker. Make sure you are well informed before making a decision. 

hope this kind of helped. 

good luck.