Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Starting to feel a bit better

[Mi...]

It has been about 3 months from a klonopin ct.

I am beginning to feel like I can manage. About five days ago my mood lifted a bit and I have been able to get out and do a few things that I enjoy. My mental acuity is improving, even if I still have a bit of issues with comprehension and memory. I feel less awkward around people. My blood pressure is better.

The main symptom I am having is with sleep (surprise!) wherein I wake up a few times a night with significant anxiety. So far I have been able to fall back asleep for a while. The morning anxiety is a barrier, but I have been managing. I still have baseline increased anxiety throughout the day, but it is quite a bit less than I was experiencing.

The only physical symptom I really have is tinnitus along with occasional increase in blood pressure.

I started taking magnesium glycinate at night and I think it is helping me to manage symptoms better.

Is this a window? Or am I finally getting past the acute phase? Or maybe I got past the acute phase and had a wave?

Edited by [Mi...]
  • Like 1

[je...]

I’m so glad you’re beginning to see some improvement. That’s wonderful! Recovery for most is not linear. That means it’s not a gradual steady process. In my own recovery I’ve had periods where I’ve felt worse again but each time when I get out of that wave it’s like I’m doing a little bit better than before. 

• Like 1

[Pa...]

It doesn't sound like a window to me, those are episodes where you feel normal or almost normal, this sounds like recovery.  But @[je...] is correct, our recovery isn't linear so you can expect to feel worse, then better again, its very frustrating, that's for sure.

But, I want to tell you how important it is that you documented your symptoms here, and I hope you're writing them somewhere else as well.  I neglected to do that so I convinced myself I wasn't recovering after my cold turkey.  We need the documentation because our poor sick brains will lie to us but if you can see it in black and white, you can keep hopeful. 

• Like 1

[Mi...]
Posted (edited)

Thank you @[je...] and @[Pa...]. I think I am feeling some improvement, but not necessarily a window. I at least feel like symptoms are manageable. I am hopeful that things will continue to improve. 

I started keeping track of symptoms within the last few weeks and will continue to do so.

I still have yet to have a solid nights sleep these past months. That might just be my barometer. 

Edited by [Mi...]
  • Like 1

[PE...]
2 hours ago, [[M...] said:

It has been about 3 months from a klonopin ct.

I am beginning to feel like I can manage. About five days ago my mood lifted a bit and I have been able to get out and do a few things that I enjoy. My mental acuity is improving, even if I still have a bit of issues with comprehension and memory. I feel less awkward around people. My blood pressure is better.

The main symptom I am having is with sleep (surprise!) wherein I wake up a few times a night with significant anxiety. So far I have been able to fall back asleep for a while. The morning anxiety is a barrier, but I have been managing. I still have baseline increased anxiety throughout the day, but it is quite a bit less than I was experiencing.

The only physical symptom I really have is tinnitus along with occasional increase in blood pressure.

I started taking magnesium glycinate at night and I think it is helping me to manage symptoms better.

Is this a window? Or am I finally getting past the acute phase? Or maybe I got past the acute phase and had a wave?

I also started feeling alot better at the 3 months mark.

😊😊

• Like 2

Took me closer to 4.5 months before things got manageable.  I currently am in a wave and it sucks after feeling better but it is much less severe than before.  But the improvement is so promising and uplifting for our spirits.  Glad you're doing better.

• Like 1