Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Worse food reactions to healthier food?

[dp...]

Has anyone else experienced that? It's like the healthier food I eat, the more reactive I become and the more akathisia, pain, dpr/dr, exhaustion ramps up for a week or more. Anything that seems to have a detoxing effect,.. as slight as it might be, the reactions get worse. 5 years off of all drugs, and the food reactions are still extreme. I can eat an apple and for the next week have extremely increased fear, akathisia, brain fog, weakness and fatigue. It's like it'll set off a bomb in my cns and it takes time to settle down. Many foods. Is that par for the course of what happens when people have reactions to foods? I've got so many health things going on atm, ... I need to be able to add in other foods/supps but can't even come close to it, because the reactions are so severe.

[PE...]
1 hour ago, [[d...] said:

Has anyone else experienced that? It's like the healthier food I eat, the more reactive I become and the more akathisia, pain, dpr/dr, exhaustion ramps up for a week or more. Anything that seems to have a detoxing effect,.. as slight as it might be, the reactions get worse. 5 years off of all drugs, and the food reactions are still extreme. I can eat an apple and for the next week have extremely increased fear, akathisia, brain fog, weakness and fatigue. It's like it'll set off a bomb in my cns and it takes time to settle down. Many foods. Is that par for the course of what happens when people have reactions to foods? I've got so many health things going on atm, ... I need to be able to add in other foods/supps but can't even come close to it, because the reactions are so severe.

I had almost withdrawal symptoms when i just got on healthy foods.. I sat on my ass and stuffed pizzas and sodas in my face for a few years when i was doing benzos. It took a month or so for the body to get used to the healthy stuff. Or you get a reaction for some of the vitamins you getting in your new diet?